[ 001 ] - The Lapdog.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger Warnings for this chapter - Brenner, abuse, neglect, starvation, car accident, Hawkins lab, manipulation, murder/mass murder..

·—★—·

Two didn't understand why his 'Papa', Dr Martin Brenner, was so hellbent on bringing back Two's 'sister', Eleven, to Hawkins Lab, where they were made into monsters with powers.

It had always had something to do with Brenner wanting or needing to hunt and track someone or something down,

And who better then a naive and loyal lapdog that could literally sniff them out without even really needing to do anything?

Two hated Eleven, but he also didn't at the same time.

Brenner had made sure of that to some extent, because here he was wasting away in a god awful place that Brenner's own prodigy had escaped from and needed to be tracked back and even though Two was glad that Eleven had left, she left a hole which he found weird.

He always hated Eleven just because she was better than him, better at telekinesis- especially when his had disappeared and just an all round better person.

He couldn't help but despise her, she always got Brenner's love, even though Two wouldn't really consider it as love of any sort,

He knew they were here against their own will and that there was a whole world outside the walls he never even had the change to escape from..

until now.

Two didn't understand anything Brenner was doing, not since that day at least,

The massacre.

He couldn't remember what happened exactly, most likely due to the trauma of it, but he knew he was supposed to die that day with the rest of his 'brothers and sisters'-

The other children that had been stuck in the lab that were all younger than Two, who was the second oldest subject to his knowledge.

But Two didn't die, instead his 'genes' kicked in apparently and he healed himself from the fatal wounds, and that's how he developed into the first and only werewolf in the whole lab and he had fully lost his telekinetic powers.

Two didn't mind the switch of powers, being the first and only one of his kind had made him feel good about himself.

That he was no longer under Eleven's shadow because she beat him in a mental combat test before, he was just..

Two the werewolf.

Which meant his senses were heightened as well as his emotions, including his I.E.D- Intermittent explosive disorder- which he didn't know he had at the time, obviously.

Two had I.E.D, meaning he had a mental health condition that was marked by frequent impulsive anger outbursts or aggression, where his episodes get out of proportion from the thing that triggered him and causes him significant distress.

And that meant his episodes were also heightened from when he developed the werewolf gene, so he didn't understand why Brenner was so keen on sending him and not someone else out to find Eleven.

Of course the man might consider it to be quicker and easier when Two can literally track and sniff, but so many things could go wrong with that and Two knew it.

He also didn't understand why Brenner had let him grow his hair out from the mandatory buzzcut all the kids had, maybe it was to do with him losing his previous ability?

He could still use the void where he could enter someone's mind to see what they were doing in that exact moment or to see any and all memories of them, but he hated to use it.

He had always felt like someone was watching him in the shadows while using it so he only used it as a last resort,

he didn't tell anyone he could still do it either so no one could force him to use it.