[ 008 ] - Out Of Place.

·—★—·

·—★—·

Trigger warnings for this chapter - Tommy and Carol, homophobia, homophobic slur..

A/N: my boy's heart eyes for the first glance at Stevie Boy ^

·—★—·

"Hey, Jon? What's a Fag?" Mikah asks curiously as they stand in the parking lot.

"W-what? Why?" Jonathan stutters out as he looks over at Mikah who shrugs. "I can hear some 'Tommy' guy saying it about me" Mikah states pointing to his ears as they start walking towards the school.

"Oh. Well, it's an offensive word then. Tommy doesn't use it in a nice way. It's like when a guy likes another guy, which is perfectly okay, everyone can like whoever they want. Just some people around this town don't like it, they find it weird or wrong, even though it's got nothing to do with them, that make sense?" Jonathan explains trying his best.

"So, Tommy thinks I like other guys? And he doesn't like it because he's against it or something?" Mikah asks, trying his best to understand.

"Yeah, I guess so. Being gay isn't a bad thing, so like if one day you did like another boy, then I'll support you. So would Mum and Will. Don't let Homophobes ruin your life" Jonathan explains making Mikah smile.

"So if gay is for men who like men.. what's it called when women like women or a girl and boy like each other?" Mikah asks intrigued by learning something new as they enter the building and make their way over to a bulletin board.

"Well two girls would be considered lesbian, I heard that's what it's called by this short haired girl that was in the parking lot one day.. and a girl and boy would be considered straight, make sense?" Jonathan explains as Mikah nods, slowly taking in the new information.

"Schools going to be hard, isn't it?" Mikah sighs looking over at the busy hallway and catching sight of a group of five teenagers.

The first boy he recognized was Tommy by the voice. He was covered in freckles with his dark brunette hair, matched with a navy blue jumper and blue jeans. Mikah could tell he'd hate that guy because he was already being what Jonathan called a 'homophobe' and for some reason that didn't sit right with Mikah.

There were three girls with him, each one pretty in there own way was what Mikah thought at first glance.

The first was a light brunette wearing a turtleneck and blue jeans, the second was a short-haired ginger in glasses that wore a peach colored top and brown jeans and the last was a long-haired brunette in a purple shirt and dark blue jeans.

The last person was a guy, an incredibly pretty guy- that was Mikah's first thought.

The dude was so freaking pretty.

Mikah would be lying if if he didn't think the guy was as pretty as the girls.

The guys hair was dark brunette hair was slightly styled, probably to look cool. He wore a dark green jumper and blue jeans and he looked tall.

But then again, most people looked tall to Mikah as he was only five foot five at sixteen,

He felt short compared to most.

Jonathan was already taller than him and now this guy looked to be a similar height to Jonathan..

It made Mikah feel..

out of place.