1- The New Happiness

Author Pov

Mihirimah woke up in a cold bed yet again. Looking at the bedside next to her , untouched, she knew instantly that her husband again didn't come home last night.

This has been going on for a month now.
At first he used to come back very late at night but now he hasn't even bothered to.

Mihirimah and Radithya had been married for more than 3 years and were very happy couple. Despite their tries of conceiving going in vain, their love stood strong.

They were so in love, every hurdle thrown at them, they overcame it together. But a month ago, Radithya slowly started to distance himself from her, saying he had work at the office and not to disturb him. Then slowly started neglecting her. Coming home late at night, not having dinner with her, not sleeping together.

Of course, Mihirimah wasn't a fool. Lipstick stains on his shirt when was taking his shirt to laundry and light hickeys on his neck she saw, smell of women from his body when she tried to hug him, all the signs showed that he was being unfaithful with her.

When she first found out the lipstick stain, she inquired him about it, but he cut her off and started to ignore her and stayed back at his new lovers' place.

Mihirimah started to take it on herself. "Maybe because I couldn't satisfy him in bed, so his started to find the pleasure in someone else arm? Or maybe because I couldn't give a baby.
All the overthinking was taking a toll on her physical and mental health.
Her dark eye bags and detroiting health, her insomnia, everything was increasing day by day.

Mihirimah got out of bed to get ready for the day and go to her school. Being a teacher was really her escape from reality. The innocent children were her only friends in her misery.

After taking a shower, and getting ready she looked at her reflection in the mirror, ' or maybe I'm not as beautiful as I used to be' everything led her to believe that she was at fault of her husband's unfaithfulness. She wiped her tears and motivated herself. Maybe one day, everything will fall back to its place.

Having a cup of coffee, she went to school.

"Alright, class, we'll begin our lesson now,"

At the dining table, Mihirimah found herself alone again. Swallowing back her tears, she somehow tried to gulp her food down. Feeling a bubble rise up in her throat, she rushed to the bathroom, letting all the content out. She was her face and look in the mirror.

She had been vomiting all the food she was eating, and now, looking back, she also missed her menses. She thought maybe because of her bad mental health and stress, she was puking a lot, but now only one thought was rising in her mind.
'Am I pregnant?'
Having this thought, she immediately went out to the closest pharmacy to buy a test.

Now, two lines stared back at her. She was enthralled to know and caressed her tummy. But then the thought of her husband came to her mind. Maybe after knowing this news, he will be happy and will love her again.

A hope blossomed in her heart. Her heart felt warm thinking about the little one and her family.

She finally went to sleep early that night, thinking of surprising her husband the next day with this good news.

.
Please vote guys🥲