Chapter Eight ♥ "The Proposal"

~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸Poem from Mahra to Zayed~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸

If only you were a little less proud,

And your personality wasn’t as alluring in any crowd.

If only those lips would smile a bit too often,

My days would brighten up and my heart would soften.

They say they love your elegant stride,

It’s absurd how they don’t see your pride.

You are unaware of the pain that you cause,

And a bit too arrogant for being a boss.

Your audience awaits and expects you to explain,

You walk away and leave the watchers in pain.

Let’s not forget those eyes that I think are outspoken,

It makes me wonder; how many hearts you’ve broken?

I want reasons for your attitude and those looks of coldness

But if I ask, my innocence will be accused for boldness.

I, Mahra, here by accuse you Zayed

For being a Hard-hearted man.

I don’t know what the jury or Hamad will say,

But I’ve made my decision the best way I can.

*~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸*~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸*~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸~'♥♫•¸

                                              ~'♥♫•¸Chapter Eight ~'♥♫•¸

                                                        ♥ The Proposal

I slightly opened my car’s window to let the fresh and fair cold air tickle my skin. It smelled like wet wood, sea water and fresh dew.  It smelled of winter, hope and happiness. Our winters aren’t as cold and crispy as what they are supposed to be. Winters in the UAE are like spring in any other country. Where in other countries leaves fall and become dry, in my country they become colorful and lively. And when the not so hot sun hits the fresh grass in the fields, there’s no place in the world I’d ever want to be. Winter in my country has too many faces and all of them are beautiful. And it was here. Finally, I’ll be able to go to the desert for camping with family.

I was feeling good today, after two months of torture. Ever since I had been refused the promotion, I haven’t had a restful day. But today, surprisingly, I felt good. You know that sense of calmness you have sometimes when you wake up in the morning and you feel like you can take over the world, that’s how I felt. Finally, I and my fate were in good terms. Though I would never forgive it for doing what it did to me.

Or maybe I was just being simply oblivious, finding the reason for my calmness in other matters where in reality, I think it lay in my prayers. This morning when I prayed my morning prayer, after that I read surat Yaseen and prayed for myself. I realized then how much in need I was of inner peace. And just like always, my wishes were fulfilled. Finally, I was clam and at ease.