Chapter Nine ♥ "The unforeseen"

~'♥♫•~ Chapter Nine ~'♥♫•

                                            ♥ “The unforeseen” 

From the last few weeks, Zayed and Janaan have been seeing each other, constantly. And yet again today, he had to leave his office early, to see her at an art exhibition. Zayed would never go to such places five years ago, but ever since Janaan entered his life she sowed the love of colors in his heart and he grew fond of painting. He wasn’t an artist himself but he appreciated beauty when he saw it. Zayed was always fascinated with the double meaning of colors, he loved how each color was powerful enough to change ones emotions.

There was a ghost of a smile that played on his lips as he made his way to his car, after walking Janaan to hers. He remembered something that Janaan had said; “Painting’s speak when words can’t.” She had uttered while they both stood side by side, looking at a beautiful painting. He had glanced sideways to look at her.

“Not with you.” He’d encountered. “You’re a writer. You always have something to say about everything.” Zayed had joked, making her roll her eyes.

“Yes, I don’t know why I keep on forgetting that I am an exceptional case.” She had replied.

As he walked to his car he checked for any missed calls on his phone and found two, they were from Hamad. He got in the car and was planning to call him when his phone rang. Seeing the number he couldn’t help but smile.

“Hello,” Zayed answered. It was his uncle, Badr. Janaan’s brother in law.

“Ya Halla Zayed. How are you?” Badr questioned, vigorously.

“I am great.” Zayed shifted a little in his seat. “How about you? How’s Deema?” He inquired about his wife. He remembered the face of his young, beautiful, aunt. Janaan looked a lot like her.

“She’s fine, sitting right next to me and she’s complaining that you never call.” Badr replied.

“Tell her I miss her cooking.”

Badr laughed at that. “Already? You haven’t been away for that long.” He replied.

“It’s been two and a half months.” Zayed realized that it felt like yesterday when he walked on Fifth Avenue in New York.

“How’s your father doing? Is he getting any better?” His uncle asked, concern oozing from every word.

This made the smile on Zayed’s lips fade; “He’s still the same.” He said after a pause. “Although, he said he was feeling good yesterday, but I think that was because he wanted to get out of the house.”  He explained.

“Yeah, that’s Waleed. He’d never sit at home for more than fourteen hours.” Badr acceded. “Are you still at work?” He interrogated, listening to the sounds of the cars as Zayed turned around the roundabout to make his way to home.

“No, I got out earlier today.” Zayed responded. “Janaan had some art exhibition she had to go to.”

“And you offered to take her there.” Badr said, in a playful tone.

“Of course, aren’t we known for our hospitality?” Zayed mocked, with a mischievous smirk. He would never say anything like that to anyone. But Badr, his uncle, his friend, was different. There were no limits with him, he knew Zayed better than anyone in the world. He’d also been the first person to guess Zayed’s interest in Janaan, though he never told him that, but Badr didn’t need telling. They just understood each other.