chapter 7

Since that moment, Albert and Alexsej started "officially" dating:
they'd met at the cafe, they'd go at the park or at the library, then they'd go at Alexsej's house;even though it was far away, they couldn't go at Albert's house because he had a troublesome neighbor who asked too many questions, even like "how come his hair was messy this morning? Do you have a secret girlfriend?!"; Where they could hug and kiss. They wished for more, but that's what they could do.
«Being homosexual is neither a crime nor a disease» Alexsej always said, and he knew it well: he was a lover of ancient history and art history, especially the Greek one, where homosexual people were fully accepted, not left aside. This was precisely what the Russian did not understand: how did the idea that homosexuality was wrong spread if they were once really accepted?

One afternoon they were at Andy's café drinking coffee at the counter and the red haired boy said, «Hi guys! Would you like to come to my house on Saturday? Florence is throwing a party for Astra's birthday, and we'd love it if you would come.»
Alexsej doesn't know who all these people are, in fact he looks at them confused
«I'm coming, Alexsej, do you want to come?» says Albert
«Sure, but could I know who these people are?» the Russian replies
«They're friends of ours, we've known each other since middle school!» says Andy
«Then it's all right. Do we need to bring presents?» asks Alexsej
«Yes, but nothing too sophisticated. She likes flowers, dresses and paintings, I hope it's not a challenge for you» Albert replies with a laugh.

Their day goes on, and they go to Alexsej's house as usual. They are sitting in his living room-study, and Alexsej is painting while Albert is sitting reading, until he closes the book, gets up and goes behind his painter, puts his hands on his shoulders and brings them down to his chest, resting his head on his shoulder
«What are you painting? This is new» he asks
"They're flowers, they're for your friend, I feel guilty going there empty-handed..» Alexsei replies.
Albert smiles, he was happy to have found a kind person; «You're so sweet» he tells him, as he snaps a kiss on his cheek. «Do you want some water?» Albert asks him as he walks towards the kitchen, «yes, please» replies the painter, who doesn't take his eyes off the canvas for a second. When the English returns from the kitchen, Alexsej moves away from the canvas to get a better look, and in the meantime drinks the water. «Thank you» he says to his beloved, looking up (strangely) because he's sitting. Albert is looking at the work: he is neither an art critic nor an enthusiast, none of that, but the painting is beautiful. He wants some attention, but he knows that he will get it when Alexsej has brought his paintings as far as possible, and interrupting him would make him nervous, he cares a lot about his works. «Ok.. That's enough for today, I'll finish it tomorrow," Alexsej says as he picks up his brushes. Albert watches him as he goes to the bathroom to wash his hands and clean his brushes. When he returns, Albert is half-lying on the sofa, Alexsej throws himself on his beloved, who welcomes him with open arms. Alexsei digs his face into Albert's shoulder as they laugh. When he lifts his head, they look at each other, their eyes sparkle, and they kiss. When their lips part, Alexsej rests his head on Albert's chest, who begins to run his hands through his hair. «I didn't fall asleep» Alexsei says in a low voice, «even if you did, it would have been fine. I don't mind being like this» Albert replies. The Russian raises his head a little to look at his beloved as he begins to caress his face. The sun penetrated through the window, and struck Albert's face in full, not blindingly, but gently. The English man's eyes shining under the light and revealing all the beauty of their color: green with hazel-brown streaks; With the arrival of summer, his hair was also lightening. "how handsome you are," Alexsej tells him. Albert blushes: he gets never told that, but his lover often does; and kisses him on the forehead.

Saturday, 2:20 PM

Albert went to Alexsej's house to help him get ready and spend some time together, then by 3:10 p.m. they have to be at Andy's house to help get everything ready. Albert is helping Alexsej put on his tie, when he's done he passes his hands from his shoulders to his chest to "iron" the folds. «You look amazing» He says English to Russian, «Thank you, you too love,» he replies.
love, Alexej had just called him love. No one had ever called him that, not even his mother or grandmother. His heart is pounding and his cheeks are on fire. He slowly approaches the Russian's face, their lips attract, and they kiss. Albert's hands are on his beloved's face and he caresses his cheeks, while Alexsej's are in his lover's curly hair. When their lips part, they both smile happily.