4 || Eruptive Actions

"Right, this way." The Doctor says as he walks toward the end of the corridor, and knocks his fist gently against the wall, putting his ear on it afterwards.

I stare at him bizarrely, looking towards Rose for any idea on what he's doing. She shrugs, shaking her head simply, as if not to question him.

I don't bother listen and ask, "and you're doing that why, exactly?"

He jerks his head up and turns on his heel, avoiding my question completely, "ah, right. Torchwood. I think I've heard that somewhere.. Torchwood Torchwood Torchwood. Where have I heard that.."

"Wh- what? You don't know what it is?" I frown at him, and a thought occurs to me; he only found out the day Rose dies. And clearly...well, she hasn't, as hard as that is to think about.

I jab a finger repeatedly into my side as a nervous tic, swallowing as he nods to himself, "No, but of course you know. And I'm guessing I learn in the future? Near future then, if you thought that with this face-"

"-It's an organisation," I interrupt simply, a poor attempt not to spoil too much considering he shouldn't even be here. He wasn't here in the show, so why was it different? Well, I suppose it must be different if it's real, and they somehow met me. Despite this acknowledgement, I still shudder at the idea.

My eyes widen, mind going back to the episode where the Doctor first found out, "Wait! No, no no please.. Doctor, if I'm right, then they have your TARDIS."

He freezes, body going rigid, "Impossible. That can't - this is.. it's beyond human technology! They can't possibly-"

"Oh yes they can," I walk forward, nerves forgotten in the moment as the necessity of this is too grand to ignore, "they can and they will. They take alien technology and use it for themselves. They'll shoot down innocent, alien, ships that have just gone around the planet. Christmas invasion, the sword fight you had up on a ship? Er, Sycorax, was it? Remember that? The missing hand.." I grimace, not wanting to delve into that right now, "anyway, remember when some source shot down that ship after it had started to leave? Yeah? That was them."

This was all the kick he needed, and the Doctor's face hardened, his eyes scorching into mine, like the sun does after burning our skin day after day.
He holds my gaze before reaching down and grabbing my hand into his, yanking me into long strides as he rushes down the hall.

I whip my head back towards where we once were and notice Rose widen her eyes and hurry after us. The Doctor turns the corner, pulling me with him.

"Wh-what are you doing-?" I pant, my legs already aching from lack of movement in the asylum.

The Doctor doesn't respond and instead brings me through the offices, knocking on the side of a slate-blue booth. He leans over the side and plant both his hands on the edge, smiling ear-to-ear, "Hello! I was just wondering, where's the boss' office?"

I furrow my eyebrows in fustration and go on my tiptoes in an attempt to peer over the side, failing miserably. I twist my head around to see Rose attempting to do the same, and I stifle a laugh. She shoots me a playful look and I smile, forgetting myself. Only for a brief moment though, and I shake the happiness off, chewing my lip.

"-and what authority do you have to know?" I hear a female voice say, muffled only slightly by the light booth.

"Oh! Right here," The Doctor takes a wallet out of his inside pocket, made out of mahogany-brown leather it seems. He holds it up, pointing to a certain section giddily, "See?"

Apparently this worked as the office worker got up, and I'm finally able to see the woman. Her hair is raven-black and tied back in a clean bun, her skin an unblemished olive tone with subtle black eyeliner to fit the look.