𝐢. discoveries

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"Jeté, plie, plie, chasse." Mae listed off over the music from the bar, a soft smile on her face as she watched the dancers. "Beautiful, girls."

It had been a week since she had arrived in Forks, Washington and the the exact same amount of time since she had started her job. She had barely had a moment to move her boxes from the car before she had been thrust back into a high school dance studio to make her introductions.

Luckily, she had been welcomed eagerly. It seemed her students all found her a breath of fresh air seeing as she wasn't elderly like each of their previous teachers and the rest of the teachers in Forks. But Mae liked that about Forks, as if the town itself was older than its inhabitants. It was quiet, a nice change from New York and the homes she used to know.

"Backs straight, like you're a puppet and your strings are all the way on the ceiling." She continued, watching them as they moved to their end positions and the music ended. "Perfect! We just have to focus on keeping everything straight and pointed. And make sure not to lean on the bar, not looking at anyone in particular."

Jessica frowned playfully as the others all laughed, pulling their ballet shoes off of their feet.

"But I have the balance of an old woman." The teen huffed, causing Mae to have to hold back a giggle. 

"I'm not laughing." Her teacher said, pulling herself together but unable to hide the amused smile on her face. "Remember that practice makes perfect. And trust me, you aren't the only one."

"Yes, Miss Banks." Her class resounded as they began to make their way out of the studio. 

"Bye, Miss Banks!" Angela, a shy girl who had clearly been dragged into the class by Jessica, called as she followed after her friend. "See you later."

"See you, Angela." Mae smiled, watching them go. "And don't forget to stretch. Including you, Jessica!"

Jessica groaned again, making Angela laugh as she was pulled from the room. Mae couldn't help but smile knowingly to herself. Maybe the two girls themselves didn't know but Mae wasn't stupid. Perhaps she would plan some partner work for the next class...

Pulling her dance bag over her shoulder, she made her way out of her studio to finally get home after a long day. Waving shyly at some teachers who called out hellos to her on her way out, she finally reached the parking lot.

Mae lived on the outskirts of town, deeper in the forrest than most would feel comfortable with but she adored it (ever the introvert). But this meant she had to take the twenty minute drive home at least twice a day now. Thank God for CD's.

Finally she reached her pride and joy, a cherry red Mercedes she had inherited from her father after finally turning eighteen. But this was her first time able to actually use it day to day since she didn't want to have to ship it anywhere unless she absolutely had to.

As she opened up her car door, setting her bag in the back, she felt eyes on her.

Looking up, brown eyes glinting with apprehension as she searched for the watcher, her gaze fell on a group of teens across the parking lot. All varied in height and other such features, clearly far more attractive looking than any normal teenager, but one thing seemed to unsettle Mae down to her very bones.

They all had the same piercing amber eyes.

Sending them a quick smile, she ducked into their car. She had been used to stares for the past few days, being the newest member of staff and also being just a few years older than the students themselves. 

But these stares felt different. 

Looking up one last time as she pulled out of the car park, one girl from the group in particular was still staring at her, a wide smile on her elven featured face. 

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

"That's her!" Alice jumped, nearly shrieking with joy as her eyes fell on a petite woman leaving the main building of the high school. "That's the girl from my vision! That's Carlisle's mate!"

Each day since Alice's vision, she had made her siblings stay back for what felt like years to the vampires but they rarely did protest. Why would they not have curiosity? This woman would be their new mother would they not? So they were quick to follow where Alice pointed, her mate holding her close to calm her so attention would not be drawn from her excitement.

Their eyes travelled along with the smaller woman whose lithe body practically glided along the parking lot. She had an elegance and grace in the way she moved that was reminiscent of their own immortal mannerisms but she was blatantly mortal, the brightness in her eyes attesting to that.

"She's pretty." Rosalie said, none expecting her to be the first to speak her observations and the rest almost reeling at the compliment. "But human."

"Not for long!" Alice said joyfully, recounting the vision in her head of Carlisle, and the very woman she was watching right now, the most relaxed she had ever seen him as he watched a now amber eyed woman as she danced in their garden. "They're going to be adorable."

"They won't be anything if she thinks we're her new stalkers." Edward pointed out, noticing how she had noticed their stares and had sent them a small smile before ducking into her car. 

"Well if she sees you first then she's gonna run for the hills, Edweirdo." Emmett said with a grin as Edward rolled his eyes.

"Actually, she's not going to be anything if you don't tell Carlisle we've finally found his mate." Rosalie said expectantly, opening her car door with a sense of finality. "Time to go home."

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.