01 - fresh start

Usually, you would be happy to go to school on your first day at a new school.

New people, new teachers, new environment, and a chance to meet life long friends.

But for Hyunjin, it was completely different. He was a nervous wreck, and even begged his parents for weeks to not go.

The boy couldn't stand the idea of being away from his friends. It was already hard making friends at his now old school, and he was afraid.

"Hyunjin! Come on! We're going to be late!" Yeji yelled from downstairs.

The male rolled his eyes, as he quickly stuffed his things in his small school bag, and headed out of his room.

"Took you long enough."

"It's not like I want to go anyways, I could take longer if that's what you would like."

Yeji scoffed, following Hyunjin out the door, not forgetting to lock in on her way out.

"Look, I know things here for you might be different, but I promise you it wont be like our old school, just trust me."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes again, putting his attention all on his phone.

He didn't understand why she was so happy about joining a new school, I mean she did have a good chance at fitting in there.

Yeji was pretty, smart, loyal, and the sweetest person you'll ever meet. Not to mention, the girl is not afraid to stand up for herself or for others, which made her cooler.

It all made him feel more insecure that he wasn't like his sister. He couldn't stand up for himself, he was too weak. He was really shy, and often kept to himself. He wasn't really big on looks, and often thought he was ugly.

He may have been a little envious, but he could never hate his sister over that. If anything, he loved knowing that he had a sister that was cool like that.

"Here's our stop." Yeji said, as she pulled into an empty parking space.

As expected, the parking lot was crowded with students, standing around, taking photos, you know the usual.

Once they got out the car though, everyone was staring at them, or turned in their direction, watching their every move.

Hyunjin couldn't help but pull the strings of his hoodie even tighter, of course this was expected but he was still shy.

Yeji somehow got lost in the crowd, as girls and guys flocked around her like she was some lost puppy.

Hyunjin scoffed and walked past, hoping everyone would focus their attention on her and not him.

Before he could get inside of the school, a group of boys pulled him into their circle.

"You must be Hyunjin, Yeji's brother right?" The short blonde aussie asked.

"Y-Yeah.. wait? How do you know my sister?"

"She's Ryujin's bestfriend. You must not know the rules considering this is your first day, but we can help you out with that." The brunette added on.

Just like that, the bell had rung and everyone headed straight for the auditorium.

"Assembly time, just follow us." Another brunette said, grabbing his hand.

Although Hyunjin was confused, he was happy to have some direction, and some people who are more than welcoming to him.

Once the group arrived inside of an empty classroom, they all pushed the desks together and sat in a circle.

"So, hyunjin. Welcome to the group, which means you're now in our club."

"Club..?"

"Yep, welcome to the cuties."

"Lix! Too soon, atleast introduce yourself."

"Right! Sorry about that. I'm Felix." The Aussie boy smiled brightly.

"I'm Jisung, and that's Jeongin." The male pointed to the small boy who was opening a pack of what looked to be cigarettes.

"Nice to meet you Jeongin." Hyunjin mumbled, causing Jeongin to glare at him.

"Hello." He mumbled.

"Could you be a little nicer? Seungmin will come around."

"Shut up."

"Enough! Jeongin, you can't be so harsh on him, he obviously doesn't know us. He's right."

"Don't mind him, he's just mad because a certain someone won't talk to him." Felix snickered, before Jeongin chased after him.

"You know what guys, me and Hyunjin we'll be back. Do you."

"See you guys later." Felix yelled, still running away.

"Aren't your glad we're away from those weirdos?" Jisung nudged the males shoulder, earning a nervous chuckle.

"Listen, you don't have to be afraid. I'm not going to bite, plus, we're the most normal people you'll ever meet here."

"What do you exactly mean by that?"

"Everyone here is brainwashed. All they care about is stupid parties, smoking, getting girlfriends and boyfriends. You know, the usual."

Hyunjin began to worried from the start, but in a way Jisung described it, it seemed normal, almost as if it didn't matter.

"Hey.. what was Felix talking about in the room? Club? Group?"

"Oh! It's just some dumb thing we made up a long time ago. It's not a club, it's just something we call our friend group, but you're definitely a cutie." Jisung winked, causing Hyunjin to giggle.

"What makes you think I'm a cutie..?"

"Have you not seen yourself? You're the most adorable human being in this school. Well after felix, I can't do my bestfriend like that." Hyunjin giggled again but louder, making Jisung let out a squeal.

"Even your laugh is cute. Oh gosh, I think I found my new obsession."

The whole time they were talking, the more Hyunjin laughed, and got more comfortable.

At first, it was like his life was over, knowing he would be away from his home. But now that he had met Jisung and his friends, he knew that things would definitely be better.

౨ৎ
01 complete!
- hope you guys enjoyed

౨ৎ01 complete!  - hope you guys enjoyed