𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝗼𝐧𝐞

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃, through the vehicle as they traveled down the highway with the music blasting and the sunroof down

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐍 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐃, through the vehicle as they traveled down the highway with the music blasting and the sunroof down. Sariyah smiled as she realized she was thirty minutes away from the beach house. For the most part, she was excited about being back.

On the other hand, she was a nervous wreck for some odd reason. She couldn't particularly think of why she was truly nervous. But if she was being honest with herself, she was extremely nervous about seeing her old child hood best friend again.That was even if he still visited cousins beach every summer after all of those years.

Sariyah put the thought at the back of her mind though. Trying to ignore it the best way that she could. She wondered if any of her old friends would be here and if they'd even remember her after all of those years. Before she left cousins beach five years ago, she and 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐢 made matching bracelets and even after all those years she never took it off.

Except when she took a shower of course, or when she was playing sports. She often wondered if he did the same or if he just threw the bracelet away since it was a silly 𝗺𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 childhood memory. But to her it was more than that. It signified who she was all those years ago.

"Are you excited?" Alexandra asked her daughter as she was snapped out of her thoughts.

"I am, but I'm a little nervous." Sariyah admitted. Her mother nodded, "Don't be, I was gonna wait until we got there to tell you but-" she began to speak before Sariyah cut her off.

"Tell me what mom?" Sariyah questioned, she immediately thought it was something bad.

"It's nothing bad but Maya and Lauren are gonna be meeting us there!" Alexandra said, making Sunny's face light up. She hadn't seen her auntie and her cousin in what felt like ages. Back then, they'd also a company the family on the trips to cousins beach during the summer. But they drifted apart all those years ago.

Sariyah's mood was instantly changed. She knew for a fact this summer vacation would 𝐛𝐞 𝗼𝐧𝐞 𝐭𝗼 𝐫𝐞𝗺𝐞𝗺𝐛𝐞𝐫. "Let's stop at this store first, we're almost at the beach house." Alexandra said as they pulled up to a gas station.

Sariyah hopped out the car. She remembered this store. Her dad would bring her and Malachi there during the summer to get the milkshake they sold. "I remember this place." She said as she faintly smiled at the memory.

"Oh really? I do too. We had some good memories here, im glad we're back." Alexandra said as she opened the door and her and Sariyah walked in the store.

They were greeted by the store clerk as a group of teenagers walked into the store right behind them. Sariyah walked down the aisle trying to see if they still had the refrigerator where the diy milkshakes were made and they did.

Her face lit up as she pulled the vanilla milkshake from the fridge and put it on the mixer. "Excuse me." a boy with black and red hair said as he reached to get a milkshake too.