|8|District 4

February 2028 - 8:17 a

February 2028 - 8:17 a.m.

I felt my body being transported into thin air, as it seemed like time and space didn't matter anymore. I couldn't exactly understand what was going on. I didn't know where I was, what I was doing or seeing. It was extremely perplexing. All I could notice was pitch black. I couldn't see August or Jai. Was I alone?

Then, a kind of blue glow clouded my vision, and I finally saw my arms and my legs floating. I tried to open my eyes wide in surprise but couldn't for some reason. There was a muffled noise that made my heart drop, and I felt my body being dropped into... Nothing. What is going on? Am I falling?

I wanted to scream for help, but not a sound was coming from my throat. It was like it felt in those stupid dreams when we tried to scream but couldn't.

Then, my back brutally met the floor and I instantly suffered from the impact.

"Oh... Shit," I whispered weakly, my breathing being cut by a dull pain in my chest.

I then opened my eyes with difficulty, as the sun felt burning and way too bright on my eyes. I could see my luggage on the ground not too far away from me, the metallic fabric shining because of the light.

I could hear some birds singing into the horizon, although it seemed as if I never listened to those particular bird sounds. They sounded unique and unfamiliar, with a very higher-pitched connotation.

"Oww..." I whined lowly, getting up off the floor in vain. My whole body was hurting. It's as if I had just gotten beat with wood sticks or something.

"Welcome back, Princess Lovely," I heard a familiar voice whispering. Jai.

I finally managed to get up and noticed Jai standing in front of some bushes. She was cheesing like crazy.

"You seem to be enjoying my misery," I growled, and she grinned.

My mind felt dizzy, and salt water filled my mouth. I couldn't stand straight as my head started pounding uncontrollably. Why do I feel so weak?

As I was about to look around to see if August was there as well, bile started to come up in quick waves into my throat, and I immediately turned around to throw up in some bushes not far from us.

Eww... I hate throwing up.

Once I emptied my stomach, I slowly raised my head, wiping my mouth with my hand in shame. "I'm so sorry, I..."

"Ohh, eww! You threw up?" Jai inquired as I nodded, wrinkling her nose in disgust. "My poor baby. It's okay. We'll get to your room in a second so you can clean up. In the meantime, here's a water bottle so you can rinse your mouth, and I'll make disappear all of this in a few minutes."

"Okay. Thank you."

I heard a faint laugh coming from my left, and that's when I noticed August casually standing in all his nonchalance. He was looking at me with coldness, which almost made me shiver. It was practically impossible to know that he was grinning just a few seconds ago.