Chapter 8: The Connection

"What are we doing here?" James asked, puzzled as to why the actor made a stop on the side of the road next to a bay area overlooking the shining sea water under the moonlight.

"I passed this earlier when I was on the way. Let's go out and take a look." Net, with his right arm draped around the steering wheel, smiled and looked at the puzzled expression of the younger for a good minute before leaning in.

"What?" James gulped and asked while blinking his eyes at how close the actor was getting.

The bronze-skinned man did not immediately answer and just softly looked at him straight in the eyes with a satisfied smile.

"Nothing, just helping you unbuckle your seatbelt," Net casually said, followed by a click that caused the idol to look down before hesitatingly raising his head.

"What—hey!" James yelps in surprise when the actor closes the gap between their faces and unceremoniously plants a kiss on the tip of his nose right above his beauty mark.

"Hahaha!" Net chuckled before resting his back on the driver's seat and then turning on the headlight. "I missed you," with an attractive smile on his lips, the actor added while looking at James, who's eyes slightly widened before getting off the car.

James followed Net with his eyes before cooling his expression, hiding the wide, shy smile that painted his lips before getting off. The idol rolled his eyes at the sight of Net sitting on the hood of the car with a raised brow while looking in his direction. He scrunched his nose to hide his smile as he walked in the direction of the actor, taking a seat next to him with their shoulders brushing against each other.

"....."

"Why brought me here?" James asked while looking at the wave coming ashore.

"It's getting late and there's not much establishment that we can stay for the night at the place Tor was talking about. I figured it's best to spend a few minutes here instead before we go to the hotel a few miles from here. Let's rest for now and go there tomorrow morning; you must've been tired from your travel earlier." Net lengthily explained, his eyes looking straight ahead before whipping his head in his direction to softly look at him with a small smile on his lips.

James met his gaze and participated in a staring contest with the older man before casting his eyes down. "It's obviously you who needs rest," he responded under his breath.

"I'm fine. I rested enough while on the plane," Net responded softly.

"....."

"Why—" The idol paused for a moment before bowing his head. "You came back earlier than planned," James commented after a moment of silence with his bowed head.

"I wanted to see you sooner, so I made haste and finished everything that needed to be done," the actor casually responded, causing the younger to look up and meet his soft gaze.

James looked at those black orbs as he felt his heart beat out of his chest upon reading the sincerity of his words in them. He bit his bottom lip and wordlessly leaned in, burying his face in the crook of Net's neck, who instinctively wrapped an arm around his waist.