Chapter Five

They had been able to secure a strong and rather large boat, as well as a good sized crew. All of their coffins were loaded as well as their clothing. Rebecca took Alorna to the boat and started to tend to her wounds. She was incredibly pale and still, and Rebecca knew what she must do. So she left Lorna on board and went to go get her sister some nourishment. She quickly found a person and dragged them to the boat, before quickly snapping their neck. Then she lay the dead man beside Alorna, and watched as her vampire instincts took over.

                Though she drank the man dry, Lorna's eyes never opened. Alorna began to toss and turn and her forehead burned as if with a fever. Rebecca sat beside her little sister on the floor of the boat and did her best to soothe her distress. Soon their brothers arrived and they set off. Shortly afterwards Nik took Rebecca's place at Lorna's side. He then cradled his baby sister into his arms and wrapped her in a soft blanket. Even in her unconscious state, it was as if Alorna sensed Nik's presence, as she curled her small hand into her brother's shirt and cuddled against his chest.

                  After a week, Alorna's physical health was back to normal. Her emotional and mental health weren't nearly as good. She was very rarely seen without being attached to Klaus' side. Though Rebecca and Elijah were compassionate and loving, it was Klaus who nurtured her through that hard time. Over the course of some weeks they arrived at a port. They didn't stay long though, just long enough to restock and hire more crew. This was far too close to their homeland. So they continued on their travels only stopping to replenish their needs.

               They felt their father hunting them, and they lived constantly looking over their shoulders. After a time, they grew tired of fleeing, so they decided to stay for a time at one of the ports they came across. For a short time they had peace there. Nothing can last forever though. Their father found them and they barely escaped. Theo, Niklaus' horse, was not so lucky. Finn, one of the older brothers, had to be dragged back to the boat with a silver dagger buried in his chest. He was the reason father found them, he was malicious and would go on mass killing sprees for fun rather than for sustenance.

               So, once more they set sail upon the ocean. This time they went farther, much farther, and they learned to control their thirst somewhat. Enough so that they would be able to disguise their feeding habits, and not lead their father straight to them. They had been careless before, but now they were tired of running. They wanted peace and a home, somewhere to settle. Collin, however, was angered by this idea. He was much like Finn and Mikael and enjoyed killing too much. So, he too, needed to be dealt with. It hurt them all to do it, but it was necessary. Otherwise their eldest brothers would continually bring their father down upon them, what with the mass murders and all.

               After sailing for many moons, they finally were within sight of land. Over the course of the long trip they had, unfortunately, lost their entire crew. When they were close to land their ship was boarded by men in uniforms. They compelled the men to take care of the boat and their belongings, and asked them the name of this land. They were told it was called 'New Orleans' . Alorna, who stood beside Klaus, while clutching his hand, thought that it was a beautiful name for their new home.