Chapter 8: Unconsciousness

Every Geroc left the scene and Leika's father, her uncle and chief minister Freyer came back.

She hugged both of them, 'To think you could defeat a Geroc commander all by yourself. It wouldn't be exaggeration to say you are the strongest Human. Ho, ho.', her uncle said.

'Now, now, don't put so much force on her.', Chief Minister Freyer said, and wise words they were.

'Leika, truly thank you, you saved everyone today.', Freyer said.

'As much as I would like to take the credit, it was someone else who did more. Hey idiot white-hairs!', she called out to him who was chatting to the horde of women who were closely surrounding him. Someone impressed people today. They should have been scared but he had the opposite effect.

'Huh!', he said in a muffled voice, 'Coming, gimme... a second here. Ladies, I don't know why you are flocking to me but maybe sometime later.'

He escaped the flock, leaving the disappointed ladies he came to Leika and the gathering.

'Sorry to keep you waiting Your Majesty.', there it was, the awfully creepy formal voice, it was out of character for him.

'I have no words to express my gratitude to you, kind sir.', her father also turned into a King there. Despite his looks, he was old. Now his blonde hair was in tatters and his blue eyes looked aged and distant. The fight was hard on him.

'You flatter me, Your Majesty. It was your daughter who did everything, I just provided her an opportunity.'

'But I still don't know who you are or what your race is?', the King asked.

'It's difficult, I have never known my race, and it never mattered, but now it's tough when you have nothing to answer when asked such a question.'

It was a weird mystery, how could someone as powerful as him not know their own race? He must have grown up in a village trained hard to obtain such prowess of his powers and here he was claiming he did not know who he was. Either he was lying or it was something-

All of a sudden, the world started to swindle, she started tripping on her toes. White-hairs caught her mid-way.

'Careful, your body is not used to so much fighting. The fatigue is building up and then there's this wound.', he said.

'We have to take her to her room in the castle, quick. I will get a doctor or something.', her uncle ran.

As her eyes were closing, White-hairs was talking to the King who was panicking, 'I will take her to her room, Your Majesty, you have to remain here and organize everything. Many citizens are panicking, please help them, they need their King now, her situation is not grave, it's pretty curable.'

'But do you know the way? Take an escort with you.'

'I will be fine; I'll ask some servants in the castle. Please be very vigilant, I will take my leave now.'

'Thank you, please keep her safe.'

'That won't be necessary.', he muttered and holding her he dashed towards the castle. The sun was about to set in the distant sky, with that Leika heard and saw no more and everything went dark.