NATE'S DISCOVERY

I had been holding Bailey for about an hour. She was finally asleep, so peaceful and calm. I was a little perched and hungry... I did smoke a blunt before, so my munchies, with no shame, were starting to act up. Real bitchy, I know!

I lay her head down on the pillow, covered her up, and kissed her forehead. She was so damn pretty in her sleep I could cry. Man, I really loved this girl. I pulled myself out of bed and left to go scavenge for something to eat in the kitchen downstairs. Pulling out a bag of cookies and milk, I went back up.

It was when I heard a creak sound. It was so clear. Someone was in there. And my mind could only hit the creep creeping earlier around Bailey's house. I was damn sure it had to be him.

I crept towards Bailey's room, my heart pounding in my chest. Each step felt like an eternity, the tension in the air almost suffocating. As I reached the door, I pressed my ear against it, straining to hear any sound from within.

Sure enough, I could hear voices—muffled, but unmistakably tense. My stomach churned with a mix of concern for Bailey's safety and anger towards whoever was intruding on her sanctuary. With a surge of adrenaline, I pushed the door open, ready to confront the intruder head-on.

And there, bathed in the soft glow of moonlight, I saw Jason standing by Bailey's bed, his hands rummaging through her belongings. Rage boiled inside me as I realized he was attempting to retrieve his diary, the very thing that had caused so much chaos and pain.

Without a second thought, I lunged forward, my anger fueling every movement. "You son of a bitch!" I roared, my fist connecting with Jason's jaw with a satisfying thud. He stumbled backward, stunned by the sudden attack, as I advanced on him, ready to defend Bailey at any cost.

But as Jason crumpled to the ground, unconscious and defeated, I felt a wave of guilt wash over me. Had I gone too far? Had my anger clouded my judgment, leading me to commit an act of violence that I would later regret?

As I stood there, panting and shaking with adrenaline, I knew one thing for certain: I would do whatever it took to protect Bailey, even if it meant confronting my own demons and facing the consequences of my actions head-on.