6.

-

Valera let out a deep breath as she looked at herself in the mirror. It's been almost a day or two since she last saw her friends.

Sarah has been trying to talk to her, but Valera was avoiding her at all cost, hiding from her, Rafe and wheezie helped her out, hiding her in their room until Sarah gave up

It sounded like Sarah needed to really talk to her, but Valera just couldn't face her. If she does, she'll probably snap, and she doesn't want to do that.

The others have been texting her and calling her, but she only answered their texts, except for John B.

"..it's missing something." Valera turned around and looked at wheezie, who walked into her room, closing the door behind her.

"What?" Valera looked at herself in the mirror again. She was wearing a light red dress with light red heel boots. Her hair was brushed down neatly, and she had two earrings that may or may not be Jack sparrow related.

It wasn't like anyone was going to be paying attention to her anyway, except for Rose.

Rose always seemed to pay attention to her, and always told her to dress nice in front of Wards friends.

Valera always dressed nice. Rose just didn't like the way she dressed.

"Since you got jack sparrow earrings, I think you should wear this." Wheezie held out her hand, and she held a necklace in her palm.

Not just any necklace but a pirate ship necklace.

Valera grabbed it and held it in her hand.

Rafe gave it to her years ago for her birthday. She could remember it like it was yesterday.

-

"Happy birthday, Sarah!" Sarah's friends shouted as Sarah blew out the candles on her birthday cake.

Valera watched with a small smile on her face, but her eyes were clouded with tears. None of her friends showed up for her birthday.

"Val?" Valera sniffles and turns her head seeing her older brother, rafe. He was looking over at Sarah and their dad with a frown on his face.

"Come on." Rafe held out his hand, and Valera grabbed it, and the two walked inside of the house towards the kitchen.

A birthday cake sat on the counter. It was pirate themed. At the time, Valera was obsessed with pirates.

Rafe lit up the candles on the cake, "Okay, make a wish." He said, pushing the cake closer to Valera.

Valera grinned, and she closed her eyes before she blew out the candles, and she opened her eyes.

"What'cha wish for?" Rafe asked, taking the candles out of the cake, and Valera frowned, "If I tell you, then it won't come true."

Rafe chuckled before he took out a small box, "Here, open it."

Valera smiled and eagerly opened the gift, and she gasped, "it's a pirate ship necklace! awesome! Thank you, thank you!"

Valera hugged Rafe, and Rafe smiled. At least she wasn't so sad on her birthday.

Valera smiled up at her older brother, "I love you, you are the best big brother ever!"

-

"..are you okay?" Wheezie's voice snapped her out of the old memory, and Valera smiled at her.

"Yeah. You look great, by the way." Wheezie smiled.

There was a knock on the door before it opened, and Sarah walked in, glancing at wheezie before looking at Valera.