𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 45: 𝕻𝖑𝖔𝖙𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝕾𝖈𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌

As Kiyoshi arrived in the throne room, the air crackled with anticipation. The councilmen and advisors, their faces shining with joy, rose to their feet, their voices filling the hall as they cheered for the return of their king. "Your Majesty!" they all cried in unison. "Welcome back! We are honored to have you returned to us."

Kiyoshi sat on his throne, a hint of a smile playing on his lips, raised a hand to silence the cheers. The room slowly quieted as the king surveyed his subjects, his gaze steady. "It is good to see you all again," he said, his voice deep and commanding. "Much has transpired in my absence, and I am eager to hear your reports."

The throne room buzzed with activity as Kiyoshi took his seat. The nobles and advisors filed in, each bearing news of the kingdom's progress, or lack thereof, in his absence. The king listened intently; his expression carefully neutral as he weighed the importance of each report. Though he did not show it, Kiyoshi was relieved to find that the kingdom had fared well under the rule of Nia and the regents. There had been no major uprisings, no foreign invasions, and the economy had remained stable.

"I believe King Grawl of the Blightfang clan is responsible for the disappearances of our children," he said, his voice shaking with anger. "I have reason to believe that this barbaric act is only the beginning, a mere taste of what is to come. Unless we take swift action, our entire kingdom will be at risk."

A gasp of surprise filled the throne room as the news of King Grawl's involvement in the kidnappings spread through the crowd. Kiyoshi watched the expressions of shock and horror on the faces of his councilmen and advisors, their eyes darting between each other in disbelief. They had always maintained a tenuous peace with the Blightfang clan, but it seemed that the fragile balance had been shattered.

"There is too much at stake," Kiyoshi continued, his voice cold and determined. "If Grawl is behind this, he must answer for his crimes. I will depart for Blightfang at once." The air in the throne room thickened as the weight of his words sank in.

An uneasy murmur rippled through the chamber. One advisor, Lord Roth, cleared his throat. "Your Majesty," he began, his voice trembling, "You have just returned!" He gestured to the throne, as if to remind Kiyoshi that he had only recently taken his seat. "To depart again, so soon after the plague..."

"It is not safe, my King," another advisor, Lord Arden, spoke up, his voice shaking. "We cannot risk losing you again!"

Kiyoshi listened patiently, understanding the concerns of his advisors. They had been through so much in his absence, and now they were worried about losing him again. But he could not ignore the threat that King Grawl posed to his kingdom. "I understand your fears," he said, his voice firm. "Yet, I assure you, this is not something I take lightly. Our children, the future of Ivamis, depend on my actions. It is my duty as king to protect them, to stand against this threat."

His words echoed through the chamber, resonating with the assembled nobles and advisors. There were murmurs of agreement and even a few nods. "Your Majesty," Lord Marcus pleaded, "allow us to send a group of our best guards with you. You cannot venture into such danger alone!" Kiyoshi nodded, touched by their unwavering loyalty. "Very well," he agreed. "However, I must lead this mission myself. Our response must be swift and decisive. I cannot entrust this to anyone else."

As the room became quiet, the doors burst open and in came a furious Lady Elspeth, her eyes blazing with disdain and Prince Daemon walking behind her, his face equally disdainful.

"Well, well," she drawled, her tone dripping with sarcasm. "The King returns from his... vacation, and immediately prepares to leave again. Perhaps abandoning your people is truly your greatest talent!"

The room erupted into shocked gasps from the assembled nobles and advisors. "Lady Elspeth," Lord Marcus exclaimed, "your words are an insult to the crown! The King was battling a devastating illness that threatened the kingdom!"

Before Elspeth could respond, another councilman, known for his fiery temper, spoke up. "The King has been a good and just ruler!" he declared, his voice booming through the throne room. "Even amidst the plague, he never wavered in his duty to protect us! It is unbecoming of a noblewoman such as yourself to question his actions!"

Caught off guard, Elspeth and Daemon exchanged glances. The air in the throne room grew thick with tension as everyone waited to see how they would respond to the man's outburst. With a final glare at the King, they turned and strode from the chamber, their guards falling into step behind them. The doors closed with a heavy thud, leaving the assembled nobles and advisors to wonder what had just transpired.

"Their actions are beyond disrespect, Your Majesty. They've plotted against your rule; this is considered treason." Lord Arden spoke, his voice shaking with anger. "I urge you, my King, to have them arrested immediately. They cannot be allowed to undermine your authority in such a way."

"My brother has always been ambitious," Kiyoshi murmured, his expression grim. "But this... this is a new level of audacity."

"Your Majesty, you are too lenient with them. Their actions demand consequences." Lord Arden insisted. "They cannot be allowed to threaten the stability of the kingdom and get away with it."

"You are correct, my Lord," Kiyoshi finally replied, his voice steely. "Lady Elspeth and Prince Daemon have crossed a line. Their actions will not go unpunished."

Kiyoshi sat in his study, deep in thought. The day's revelations weighed heavily on his mind - rumors and evidence of a plot against him, his own brother and sister-in-law no less, and the threat of King Grawl looming on the horizon.

Lady Elspeth and Prince Daemon's treachery wasn't merely fueled by resentment or envy; it was a calculated plot to seize power for themselves.