𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕾𝖔𝖔𝖓

꧁༺ 𝓗𝓸𝓹𝓮𝓯𝓾𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓲𝓷 𝓙𝓾𝓷𝓮 ༻꧂

In the kingdoms of Niameda, Althea, and Ivamis, trade ships are mysteriously vanishing without a trace. When Kazi, the fierce General of Niameda and sister to Queen Nia of Ivamis, risks her life to save the King of Althea from an assassination attempt, he offers her an unthinkable reward - marriage to his arrogant second son, Prince Azrael.

Repulsed by the idea of being bound to a man in a society that demands female submission, Kazi hatches a daring plan. She disguises herself as a male guard to infiltrate Althea's royal family and investigate the missing trade ships from the inside. However, her deception takes an unexpected turn when she is assigned as Prince Azrael's personal guard.

As the charming yet infuriating Prince slowly breaks down Kazi's defenses, an undeniable attraction begins to simmer between them. But their growing feelings are built on a foundation of lies. Prince Azrael believes his guard is a man, while Kazi hides her true identity and motive for being in Althea. Tensions mount further as romantic rivals pursue Kazi, unaware of her disguise.

In a race against time to uncover the truth behind the vanishing ships before it shatters the fragile peace between kingdoms, Kazi realizes the enemy may be close. Can a relationship born from deception survive? And will she unmask the real culprit before all three kingdoms are consumed by tragedy?

"You see," he confessed, "I am to marry General Kazi soon. I was hoping to get some information about her."

Kazi sighed, "What exactly do you want to know about her?" she asked, her voice neutral.

"Is she beautiful?" Azrael blurted out. "Average? Ugly?"

Kazi scoffed internally. So the only thing he wanted to know about her was if she was beautiful. That was a bit insulting, but she supposed she should not have expected anything more from someone like him. "Uhm... Your Majesty," she began, "would you not like to know more... interesting things about her? Such as her hobbies, her favorite food, you know, things that you might have in common?"

Azrael scoffed in return. "I do not care about such fickle matters," he declared. "I must know how she looks like, after all, I am to have children with her. Can you imagine me, an ethereal creature like me, giving birth to ugly children?"

Kazi's anger started to bubble. So, this was the man she was supposed to marry? This fool?

"I am a once-in-a-lifetime blessing, any woman who is to marry me should be considered blessed," he continued.

"You, a blessing?" she finally whispered, her voice dangerously low. "Please."

Azrael blinked, a hint of confusion flickering across his face. "What did you say?"

"I said... what if you are the blessed one instead?" Kazi repeated, her voice gaining strength.

"What do you mean?" he asked, the confusion in his eyes growing.

"I mean," she said, taking a step closer, "she is a General, commander of the Niamedan Army. A woman of strength, intelligence, and courage. But you..." she trailed off, letting the silence speak volumes.

"Are you saying I am not a blessing?" Azrael asked, his voice trembling. "I am the second prince! Have you not seen my appearance?"

Kazi was tired of this conversation. "Your Majesty," she began, her voice firm, "quite honestly—"

"Wait!" he interrupted, "Do you think she will not find me attractive?"

"..."

"I mean," Azrael continued, "she has refused to even meet me. Tell me, common guard, am I not attractive to women?"

"..."

"Do not answer that," Azrael said, more to himself than to her. "Maybe she is hideous that is why she has refused to meet me."

Kazi could not take it anymore. This self-absorbed prince needed a reality check. "I AM—" she started, then stopped herself. Taking a deep breath, she could not expose her identity to him. "I mean... my aunt Kazi is not ugly!" she said, her voice growing louder despite her efforts to keep it calm.

"Maybe it is you who has an ugly personality!"