Smoke and Mirror

As the school year continued so did the first match of the Quidditch season and Harry's first Quidditch match. Nerves and excitement were in the air. For them at least. I found the sport mildly amusing, though I had passed my flight classes with flying colors, Ha. Anyway, I stood next to Ron and Hermione as we watched the match. Gryffindor was doing well against Slytherin, until Oliver Wood, the Gryffindor keeper got knocked out. Looked painful for sure. After that Slytherin started racking up points.

Then when Harry finally caught sight of the Golden Snitch, his broom a newly gifted Nimbus 2000 started thrashing violently. Hermione saw through her binoculars that Snape was mumbling something under his breath. She believed that he was jinxing the broom. Looking through the binoculars I also saw that Professor Quirrell was also maintaining close and intense eye contact with Harry. Hmmm. Hermione left to stop Snape; I followed after her quietly. When she reached the staff bleachers, she got under the seats and aimed her wand towards Snape's cloak, she was about to fire a small flame spell when flicked a finger in her direction causing her to misfire at hit Quirrell's cloak instead.

His shrieks were amusing as everyone turned to help put out the flames. With my job done, I quickly vanished before Hermione could see me. With Harry's broom now under control, he soon caught the Snitch and won the game.

After some celebration from Gryffindor, the four of us were walking alongside Hagrid and talking about what transpired.

"Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid questioned in disbelief. "Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry questioned. "Who told you about Fluffy?" Hagrid asked in shock. "Fluffy?" Ron spoke. "That thing has a name?" I asked. "Well, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year." Hagrid stated. "Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the..."

"Yes?"

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is." Hagrid stated a bit frustrated. "But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it." Harry said trying to convince the half-giant. "Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher." Hagrid replied. "Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione explained. "Exactly." Harry agreed.

Hagrid then took a deep breathe before letting out a large sigh. "Now you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel." Hagrid warned as the four of us looked at him in shock at hearing the name. "Nicholas Flamel?" Harry questioned as Hagrid's eyes widen in shock. "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." Hagrid said repeatedly to himself in frustration as he walked away. "Nicholas Flamel. Who's Nicholas Flame?" Harry questioned while Hermione and Ron looked just as confused.

As the holidays rolled around I was intrigued by the growing mystery and the name that Hagrid had unintentionally given us, so I spent most of the time in the library. I spent many late evenings reading various books on all sorts of magic and famous wizards.

Then after one late night I was heading back to the Slytherin Common room, I heard Filch approaching, so I slinked into an empty room to avoid being seen.

As I turned around to look across the room I noticed a large standing mirror. Odd. As I approached I noticed that it had an inscription.

"Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi"

In the reflection I saw myself as I was, but then the image began to change. It then showed me as I once was.

Standing tall, adorned in the finest Asgardian leathers and green silks, wearing my beloved gold horned helmet, scepter in my hand, sitting on Asgard's throne, green banners with my golden emblem on them. My heart was racing, a smile plastered on my face. Glorious. Its all I ever wanted. I then read the inscription again. Tilting my head a bit that's when I noticed it.