Shattered Hearts

I sensed that he also wanted to mend things, evident in his persistent efforts to grab my attention. He would apologize, even when he felt that he didn't do anything wrong. But this time felt different. Despite his constant texts, I found myself unable to respond.

Eventually, I mustered the courage to ask him to meet me for a conversation.We agreed to meet in the afternoon, but when we finally came face to face, something felt off. It was as if he was wearing a mask, hiding his true emotions behind a facade. This wasn't the guy I knew – the one whose embrace could chase away all my worries. I could sense his pain, buried beneath a layer of stoicism.  Unable to look at him in the eyes any longer, I mustered the courage to speak up. I suggested that perhaps we should postpone our conversation for another time. As I turned to leave, my heart heavy with disappointment, I sought solace in the familiarity of Sara's presence.

With each step I took towards her house, the weight of my emotions grew heavier. Tears streamed down my face, washing away the facade I had put up for the outside world. The sight of the pink tree along our path, a symbol of our love, only served to intensify my pain, reminding me of what we once had. Arriving at Sara's doorstep, I cried in her arms, the floodgates of emotion finally opening. She listened patiently as I poured out my heart, offering words of comfort and reassurance. And amidst my tears. His messages continued to flood my phone, a constant reminder that he actually cared.

He pleaded with me to meet him at our bench so we could have a real conversation. Despite my lingering disappointment, I agreed and made my way there, with Sara by my side for support. Her presence offered me a sense of comfort, even from a distance. As I approached the bench, there he was, waiting for me. The floodgates of emotion burst open, and tears streamed down my face as I poured out my heart to him. I couldn't bear to see him with such attitude, knowing that this wasn't the person I fell in love with. I wanted nothing more than to mend our relationship, but his attitude towards me only added to my pain. He apologized, admitting that he thought I was going to end things, and he had been in pain all morning. Despite the hurt, we managed to reconcile, as we always did, believing that no obstacle was too big for our love to overcome.

But little did I know, there was another blow waiting for me.As we sat there, wrapped in each other's arms, he dropped the bombshell – he had spent time with Selena and some friends during our break. That same morning. My heart shattered into a million pieces, the pain cutting deeper than I could have ever imagined. Anger consumed me, and I lashed out, hurling words of hatred at him, words I didn't truly mean but felt compelled to say in the heat of the moment.Despite the intensity of my outburst, I could see the pain in his eyes, a reflection of the hurt I had inflicted upon him. But in that moment, I couldn't bear to face the reality of our shattered relationship. I ran away, seeking refuge in Sara's comforting embrace, collapsing into tears as the weight of the situation bore down on me.I didn't want to hurt him, but the pain inside me was overwhelming. I was trying to convince myself i hated him but inside I knew I couldn't. And as I cried, I couldn't shake the feeling of his presence lingering behind me, a silent witness to the turmoil that consumed me.