Chapter 2. Spring

3rd pov:

Equius had been hanging around gamzee more often about a months or so now he wasn't too bad..annoying sometimes..spring vacation was coming up equius didn't have many plans it was Friday, feferi talked about going to the lake with a few friends or whoever wanted to go, equius went and mostly everyone else did...another social thing...well at least he was getting out of the for once that next Tuesday he picked up nepeta since she needed a ride she had a tote with her, she'd been wearing a pair of shorts and a striped swim top eventually they arrived, Dave was trying to push karkat off the dock into the water, it was kinda funny to watch gamzee was there built a sand?..no dirt? Castle...or attempting he got out of the car wearing a pair of swim trunks and a long sleeve black top, along with flip flops which he hardly ever wore, he walked over to gamzee, nepeta followed.
"Hey gamzee" he smiled slightly..it was genuine.
"Oh sup equibro!" Equius didn't exactly like the nickname but it'd do the day and been feen it'd reached about 5:53 in the afternoon the sky a orangey color already equius was just sitting down beside gamzee there conversation just about random stuff like always equius flinched when he felt a sudden warmth again his shoulder...gamzee was leaning on him..nononono...the feeling of gamzees head head against his shoulder felt nice but he couldn't do this..even as friends not with gamzee..he gently pushed gamzee up off his shoulder.
"Sorry man" Gamzee spoke up sitting up.
Later that night equius agreed to drive gamzee home gamzee pulled himself up into front passenger seat kicking his feet up on the dashboard pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket in his shorts he took one out placing it between his lip, equius got into the driver's seat starting the car he looked at gamzee waving his feat off the dashboard.
"You got a lighter bro?"
"no you're not smoking in my c-..my brothers car"
"Shit man this your brothers car?"
"Yes it is why?"
"Nothing man I can't say anything I failed my driver's test"
"Oh? Damn..well just don't smoke in the car" Equius drove up to Gamzees house which was some shitty single wide trailer, gamzee stepped out of the car.
"Thanks for driving a brother home man"
"It's no problem really.." Equius watched from his car as gamzee walked up the steps to his home..his face felt warm..there's no way he was crushing over some dumbass like gamzee...equius snapped back from his thoughts, he pulled out of the drive way going home himself it was late anyways, he got home using the spare key under the mat to unlock the door he put it back before stepping inside, he was home alone currently, he walked over to the kitchen grabbing a plate of leftover chicken from last night throwing it in the microwave before heading back up to his room setting the plate on his desk, he changed into a black tank top, and a pair grey sweatpants before sitting down, turning his laptop on trying to find something on Netflix to watch wasn't really anything on there so he shut his laptop and just sat there quietly in his room thinking about everything that happened that day.

_______________________________________________
Sorry for the short chapter I might add more to this chapter or I might just start the next one idk yet