Meet the Mimics

The sun presided over the White House, its rays casting a serene glow on the iconic building. Two guards stationed at the front gate engaged in casual conversation, initially about superhuman evasion training, which naturally segued into a more personal discussion.

One guard, Steve, shared his pride in his stepson's efforts to overcome a troubled past, his voice laden with emotion. "He's turned his life around, getting away from the drugs and stealing...I'm proud to call him my son," he confessed, struggling to contain his tears.

His companion, in an attempt to lighten the mood, joked, "Oh, you...you just take all the time you need, Steve. Why don't I just make some hot cocoa to cheer up my sweet boy?"

Steve, wiping away a tear, retorted with a chuckle, "Come on, like you're not crying on my shoulder every time you don't get a second date?"

Their banter was abruptly cut off by the ground trembling beneath them. "What was..." one guard began, only to be interrupted by a more violent shake. As the earth ruptured, birds scattered into the sky, their caws filling the air, while the ground split open in a violent explosion, knocking the guards off their feet.

From the debris, two large figures emerged: the Mauler Twins, clones of each other, though each insisted on being the original. "We were supposed to be inside. I should never have trusted the flawed calculations of a clone," one Mauler complained.

"Clone? I am not!" the other snapped back, their typical squabble unfolding even in the midst of chaos

"Clone? I am not!" the other snapped back, their typical squabble unfolding even in the midst of chaos. "This was always the plan. The president is targeting us, so we shatter the illusion of his safety. It's not enough for us to kill him. It has to be a spectacle. You'd know this if you were truly the original."

As they argued, the White House's turrets fired upon them, but the bullets were ineffective, merely bouncing off their skin. "Refreshing. Kind of tickles," one Mauler remarked.

"Mm, I prefer a higher caliber," the other chuckled, taking aim with a larger gun and destroying the turrets in an explosive display.

During this chaos, Steve, mustering his courage, fired his pistol. But the round simply bounced off the giant's head. "Huh?" the giant muttered, turning just in time to see Steve, who, trembling, tried to assert control, "I order...I order...I order you..."

"You order what?" Mauler sneered, crouching before the guard.

With his eyes shut, Steve fired again, the bullet finding its target in Mauler's eye, causing a scream of agony. As the scene escalated, two armored personnel carriers raced from behind the White House, halting near the twins

"Kill that one and move on! Your eye is as replaceable as you are," one Mauler barked at his counterpart, pointing at Steve, the brave guard who had dared to fire his pistol.

"I am the original!" the injured Mauler retorted, blood streaming from his ravaged eye, as he loomed menacingly over Steve. His fist, raised high, was poised to deliver a crushing blow, but he paused, distracted by a sudden commotion above.