chapter nineteen

▎SAFE HAVEN ▎ 
»»———— act three. prison time
CHAPTER NINETEEN  ━━ the prison

They had been on the road for a while now, a long while

They had been on the road for a while now, a long while. Lori was heavily pregnant and they had found no shelter, whatsoever.

They never had an opportunity to have a break, walkers for miles. They practically lived in the cars.

Josie pulled out the map, laying it on the car as she placed the rocks on the corners. "We got no place left to go." T-dog said as he looked down at the map.

"When this herd meets up with this one, we'll be cut off." Josie said, pointing to the marks on the map. "We'll never make it south."

"What would you say? That was about 150 head?" Daryl asked, leaning on the car as everyone circled around Josie.

"That was last week. It could be twice that by now." Glenn sighed, moving to stand beside Josie as he looked down at the map.

"This river could have delayed them." Hershel pointed down to the mark on the map. "If we move fast, we might have a shot to tear right through there."

"Yeah, but if this group joins that one, they could spill out this way." Riley pointed out, looking up at her father.

"So we're blocked." Maggie nodded her head, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Only thing to do is double back at twenty seven and swing towards Greenville." Rick then said, pointing to the map.

"Yeah, we picked through that already." T-dog pointed out. "It's like we spent the winger going in circles."

"Yeah, I know. I know." Rick nodded his head, letting out a sigh. "At Newman we'll push west. Haven't been through there yet. We can't keep going house to house. Need to find someplace to hold up for a few weeks." He said as he looked at Lori, who was sat in the car.

"All right. Is it cool if we get to the creek before we head out? Won't take long." T-dog asked as Josie picked up the map, rolling it back up. "We got to fill up on water. We can boil it later."

"Knock yourself out." Rick nodded his head as Josie placed the map in the car, closing the door behind her.

" Rick nodded his head as Josie placed the map in the car, closing the door behind her