chapter twenty three

▎SAFE HAVEN  ▎
»»———— act three. prison time
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE ━━ silent cries

 prison timeCHAPTER TWENTY THREE ━━ silent cries

Josie's body trembled. She couldn't show them she was weak, she wouldn't. She bit down on her tongue as she tried to break the restraints free.

She couldn't hear muffled voices from the other room. Merles voice. She squeezed her eyes shut when Merle continued to yell.

She flinched as she heard sounds of hitting. She squeezed her hands against the ties. She wanted to help Glenn, but she couldn't.

She bit back her cries, keeping her head low. She had to act brave. She had to. She wouldn't let these people think she was weak.

After a while, the sounds of hitting stopped. Josie breathed in, heavily, looking around the room she was trapped in.

Then, the door opened, making her jump. Josie took note of how bloodied Merles hands were, making her face twist with anger. "Could be a little excited to see me, Jo Jo." Merle said sarcastically as he sat down at the desk in front of Josie.

"Where is Glenn?" Josie asked, the only thing in her mind was Glenn.

"Your boy is okay-ish." Merle tilted his head as Josie narrowed her eyes, still trying to get her restraints off. "He's one tough cookie to break." He stared at Josie as Josie looked up, glare still on her face. "Ain't that your brothers." He pointed to her neck, Josie keeping her eyes on Merle.

"Yes." Josie uttered, keeping her head high. "He didn't make it." Josie said, bitting down on her tongue.

"Aww, well ain't that emotional." Merle faked sympathy. "But, where is my brother?" He asked her as Josie shrugged her shoulders.

"He's okay. But I'm not telling you shit." Josie hissed as Merle slowly nodded his head, looking around the room as he let out a deep sigh. "You think he's gonna be real happy when he finds out you've kidnapped me and Glenn?"

"I know my baby brother more than you do, Jo Jo." Merle sighed as he got up from the table, still looking down at her. "So where is he and where are your people staying?"

Josie stayed silent, narrowing her eyes as Merle sighed, nodding his head as he exited the room, slamming the door behind him.

Josie let out a deep breath, lowering her head as she continued to pull at her restraints. She needed to see if Glenn was okay. She needed to know. She didn't care what happened to her, as long as Glenn was okay.

 She didn't care what happened to her, as long as Glenn was okay