𝟬𝟬𝟱 - 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗿𝘂𝗹𝗲

⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

(TW: mentions of war and Coriolanus)

THERE WAS an overwhelming sense of tension in the classroom. All the eyes are focus on the center of the silent room, interrupted only by the occasional cough and the shifting of papers.

Sitting near Vipsania, Eyana watched the scenario unfold with satisfaction. She couldn't tell whether her satisfaction was due to the change in attention from herself and Hilarius to Coriolanus, or to the prospect of the blonde boy's impending scolding.

She didn't have anything against the blond boy; he wasn't even on her radar before today. He always seemed too perfect, too polished, without the flaws and defects that made others human. It was almost as if he was concealing something behind that immaculate facade, a secret just waiting to be revealed.

She tried not to pay attention to her doubts, but she couldn't help but feel that he was more than just the person he seemed to be to other people.

Whether it was good or bad, she didn't know.

Eyana didn't want to admit it, but at heart she was upset—not because Coriolanus had come to welcome his tribute, but because she hadn't had that same idea. Deep down Eyana thought she was neglecting Bobbin, and that left her with an uncomfortable feeling.

She sensed his youth and realized the value of paying attention to him, especially at that moment. Yet she couldn't take the thought of how he must have felt seeing a mentor from another tribute instead of his own, the one person he could trust in the Capitol.

The girl's only interaction with the children was with Haakon, which heightened her guilt. The younger kid grew disappointed when the focus shifted away from him, making her fearful that her tribute would get the same reaction, leaving him as distraught as Haakon was when he wasn't in the spotlight.

Since it was the safer course of action, she would take care of Bobbin in the same manner that she handled her brother.

However, her worries were foiled by the weight of the stares Eyana's classmates cast at Coriolanus. Despite his attempts to maintain composure, he appeared apprehensive, and while Eyana refrained from assigning entire blame to him, she couldn't deny that the predicament was caused by his actions, he was the one who chose to engage in a risky undertaking behind the academy's back.

Against the wishes of the Capitol.

"Your little excursion broke numerous Academy rules. Mr.Snow." It was the first thing that Casca Highbottom uttered as soon as he turned away from the papers that were in his desk, and Eyana thought that he was more outraged by Coriolanus' presence than the act he committed, which made her grimaced slightly. "Among them endangering citizens of the Capitol." He continued, his voice slightly garbled.