Spoiled like stupid

posted by babygirlgyu on ao3.

Beomgyu rolled his eyes and began tapping his fingers against the ground. Soobin whipped his head back quickly as an idea struck him. "Why do you hate me? I guess you have a reason."

Beomgyu was quiet, stuck between denying that he hated him or just ignoring the question all together. Soobin, however, pressed on the topic. "Hmm?"

"Who said I hate you?"

"It's pretty obvious, don't you think? Or are you just like this with everyone?"

"Like what?"

"Like you would rather be trapped in here with a creepy clown before spending another second stuck with me."

"So it's personal? I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I never said I hated you."

"Can we just pretend like you don't hate me until we get out of here, then you can go off and act like I'm the worst person on the planet again? It's getting old."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Beomgyu looked at the skin between his fingers and opted to pick at his nails.

"Can we be friends for the next hour?"

"Who's counting?"

"I will, seriously? Can you drop it? Please."

Suddenly, Beomgyu felt really small, and Soobin was the bigger person in this situation. Beomgyu didn't speak. Soobin's hand shoved itself into Beomgyu's vision and the shorter looked up. Soobin was awaiting a handshake or something. "Seriously?" Soobin only nodded. Beomgyu shook his hand and then pushed it away from himself.

"So, what are you doing when we get out of here?" Soobin asked. Beomgyu looked at him for a moment like he was stupid before deciding to ultimately humor him. "Going home, obviously."

"Yeah, but what after that?"

"I don't know."

"Do you have any friends at all?" Soobin suddenly asked, shocking Beomgyu with the boldness of his statement.

"Of course I do, you just don't know them. They don't associate with your type."

"My type?" Soobin laughed. "What's my type? What do you think about me?"

Beomgyu looked him over like it wasn't obvious enough. "I think you are a big dumb guy who walks through life however he wants to just because he can."

"And? You wanna know what I think about you, Beomgyu? I think you are a little spoiled brat who just walks through life however he wants just because no one has told him he can't."

Beomgyu was quiet for a second. "Well, you're wrong."