Confrontation

"Fuck this is that all you have to say after all these years? Talking about it seems like a bad idea now. Shit we were doing just fine for the past three months, and now this. Maybe I should have trusted my instincts and not brought it up fuck I don't like this. Why did I even listen to Matsuri?"

"yuzu wait" mei

no response mei continued to follow yuzu until they reached the parking lot. 

"yuzu can you just hold on a sec" mei as she grabbed yuzu's arm 

"let go of me!" yuzu as she forcefully pulled her arm 

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to grab you like that I only did that to get your attention" mei

"here you are again you always know how to grab my attention" yuzu

mei looked at yuzu

"One smile, one hug, one 'I'm sorry,' and here I am again. My world revolves around you. But wait, Mei! I consider myself a smart person, but when it comes to you, I feel stupid. Can you tell me what the consequences will be if we get back together? Will my world stop for you? How many more years of my life will be wasted because of you? Mei, what about me? I'm still trying my best to move on and become the best version of myself, to reclaim all the things I lost to myself when you left me." Yuzu paused as she struggled to hold back her tears.

"I'm so sorry yuzu" mei as she trembled

"and what makes that 'sorry' make a difference... almost ten years of my life I gave it to you mei.  I thought you left for something that I did, but for those ten years instead of telling me straight to my face... you decided that it's best to leave me a stupid fucking letter so that I could feel less pain? No mei I've been in pain for this past decade. Do you even know what I've been through after you left? Did you even bother to as how it impacted me? No. I lost myself to the point that I could not recognize myself. I was almost kicked out of the academy due to low grades, I almost didn't graduate high school. But even though that happened I managed to get my shit together with the help of our friends. That I owe it to them. For these past ten years, I only said to myself "I was tired" Once, for those ten years I only said to myself "can I still do it?" once, for those ten years I finally dared to admit how I truly felt that I'm hurting sobs I felt so drained. I only admitted those once for how many times I should've given up but I didn't wipe her tears but for you... it took you one time to decide and leave me with the letter within those times before you left that night I needed you to fight for us because I was so tired of fighting alone sobs even when you saw me chasing you in the car, at that moment you would've stopped and try and fight for us and not leave me because you know me and you know that I love you" yuzu as her voice trembled and tears streamed down her cheeks as she could no longer hold them back.

"Yuzu, I still love you," Mei's voice cracked as she fought back tears.

"but it only took you one time to decide and leave me... is that the way you love mei pause how could you give up so easily? how did you not find a reason to stay sobs I will not allow you to ruin my life again" yuzu