𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 1

(not proof read!!)

Cold winter breeze swept past the bustling students who were all walking towards the entrance of their school. Chatters and greetings rose in the air as friends and couples ran up to each other. All seemed peaceful: all students took their seats at their assigned desks, took attendance with not a single student missing and all that daily school routines. However, not all were excited to be in the confinements of, what they called, hell.

"Ugh... I wanna go home," a black haired girl mumbled to herself while her fingers fiddled with her pink, floral designed mechanical pencil.

"Yeah no shit," another girl perked up at her peer's complaint; her heterochromatic eyes bore into the list of duties they had to take on for the week. "Let's fucking go. I don't have anything this week," Her face brightened at the realization.

"Oh me too," The other girl points out. She propped up her face with her palm and started to doodle random things in her already messy notebook.

"Wanna play soccer today after school?" the heterochromatic girl asks with sparkling eyes to which the shorter girl nodded to with a quick "yeah."

At the end of the school day, the two girls skipped towards the vacant field with a random ball they picked up in the bush. The two began passing the ball to each other casually before starting their small match. As they ran after the ball, their feet kicked up the dirt and sand from the school field covering their school shoes and white socks. Nonetheless, they didn't care that much. School was always kicking their asses and kicking balls were the only therapeutic thing available... aside from venting their heart out which was totally cringe for them.

"Hey what are girls doing playing soccer?" a group of boys walk up to the two girls who were minding their own business. The shorter girl quickly picked up the ball by her feet then frowned at the group standing before them.

"What? Got a problem?"

"Soccer is made for men, y'know and women suck at soccer even if they tried to," the leader of the group stared down at the girls mockingly.

"Literally fuck off Haruto. No one wants to see you and your little band's ugly bowlcut," the taller girl butted in ready to throw hands which made him scoff and his little minions snicker.

"Awh is little Fuyuka angry? Go hide behind Seol like you always do, you ugly freak," he steps up forward while trying to make himself look bigger.

"What did you say?"

"Look! The freak's knight is- ow! the fuck?!" Haruto's words are cut off by a ball hitting his face; he rubs his nose when he feels warm liquid on his fingers.

"Let's go Fuyu," Seol grabs her best friend's hand and quickly picks up all of their things and runs out of the school.

A while later, they end up at a small cafe where they munched on half parts of a coffee bread. Their eyes met each other for a second and for a second, they shared a moment of silence... then cackling.

"HAHAH DID YOU SEE HIS FACE?!"

"I KNOW RIGHT?! HE LOOKED SO STUPID!"

Their laughs echoed throughout the street; catching attention and stares from older people, which made them shut up in embarrassment.

"Uh.. were you okay back there?" Seol speaks up after finishing the last bite of her bread.

"What do you mean?" Fuyuka looked up at her friend and tilted her head.

"Y'know how Harushit called you that?"

"Oh yeah," finishing her bread as well, the taller girl dusted the crumbs away. "I'm fine. It's not like he's good at those anyway."

"Just checking y'know," Seol says as she gathers their trash onto the tray.

"I'll put this away," Fuyuka grabs the tray and brings it inside the cafe to throw it away while her friend packs up her bag.

The afternoon passed by rather quickly; the two girls waved each other goodbye as they separated their paths to go back home.

With exhausted steps, Seol drags herself out of the elevator and punches in the passcode before entering her house.

"Mom, I'm back!" she announces before taking off her shoes. Stepping into the kitchen, the black haired girl spots a white envelope. Curious, she picks it up and runs to her mom, waving it in her face, "Ma, what's this?"

Her mom sighed, clearly annoyed with her teenage daughter smacking the envelope in her face while she's washing the dishes, "open it, it's sent to you."

"Yeah but like what is it for?"

"How would I know?" Her mom retaliated back at her, "just read it."

"Fine."

Seol's dark brown eyes skimmed through the letter... then her jaws dropped, "THE FUCK?!"

"Seol, don't swear!" Her mom smacks her with the washed spatula on her head right as she shouts out the no-no word.

"Ack! Mom look," Seol shoves the letter into her mom's face once again making her irk at her. The taller woman dries her hand and snatches the letter from her child's hand, "you should go y'know."

"But I don't want to," the girl folds the paper back into the envelope with an uncaring look.

"Go; all you do is laze around in your room all day," her mom smacks her head lightly with the same spatula, "plus, you don't even study when you're at home."

"... fine."