{Episode 3 - Night Stroll}

(A/N)
Oops.. really didn't mean for it to take over a month for me to write this. I was trying to rush through all the set up with (Y/N) and the rest of the OC characters but then I realized that I didn't really remember what the canon characterization was for either show and that's kind of important when my writing technique is "embody said character to give them 65% to 95% accuracy" but then Netflix added both shows so I had the boost to finish this.

 I was trying to rush through all the set up with (Y/N) and the rest of the OC characters but then I realized that I didn't really remember what the canon characterization was for either show and that's kind of important when my writing technique ...

Dark mode recommended.

Now playing:
Ghost in the Attic - Addison Grace

Lights passed occasionally through the window of (Y/N)'s room, the sheer curtains blocking out a total of none of it. The lights bounced off the wall at (Y/N)'s head and illuminated the room in a sickly yellow. The rhythmic ticking of the ancient alarm clock was slowly driving away what was left of the boy's sanity like a predator to prey. He flopped onto his back, trying to get comfortable. The room lit up again with another passing car's headlights. Flipping back onto his side, (Y/N) screwed his eyes shut and covered his ears.

Cold fingers caressed his neck.

Y'know what?
(Y/N) shot up out of bed, throwing the covers off himself. If he couldn't get any rest in this damn house, he'd go for a walk. Luckily,
(Y/N) had passed out before he could change, so he was still in his regular day clothes.
It's probably cold out there.
(Y/N) softly padded across the room, the cold wood floor beneath his socked feet sending chills throughout his body. Gently pushing a section of the curtain aside, (Y/N) pressed his hand against the glass.

Yup.
Maria would want me to wear a jacket.
(Y/N) looked around and huffed. He'd forgotten to bring his boxes up to his room, therefore leaving all his clothes in the rented car.

Huffing again in annoyance, (Y/N) walked over to the door of his room, opening it to the yawning darkness of the hallway. He shivered with a phantom chill as he pulled on his shoes.
The wood underfoot was quiet and sturdy, never shifting or creaking beneath (Y/N)'s weight. He crept along the sides of the hallway, remembering his old trick of walking close to walls so he'd be walking on settled floors. With bated breath, (Y/N) finally reached the stairs.

The darkness seemed to settle heavy in the kitchen. It felt like descending into a cave, the kitchen counters like alcoves of the rock face, the tile floor like the smoothed ground of a well-loved tourist cave. A distant memory sparked in the back of (Y/N)'s head of wearing a hardhat and working ever deeper into the bowels of a winding cave system. He shoved it away. Allowing the phantom memories into his head was a dangerous path. Like creeping towards a river on slippery ground, he ran the risk of slipping into the river and being swept away by the currents.

Creeping out into the dining area, (Y/N) was taken by a strange melancholy. In the late hours of the evening the place looked.. wrong. Without the bustle of customers and the constant noise of conversation and clanging of a kitchen put to use, it felt like a husk. A ghost of a cafe. At least there were no literal ghosts.