ARC III: PART VI

Red Ghoul stormed back onto the Batcave, his fury palpable in every stride. His usual calm demeanor had been replaced by a seething anger that crackled in the air around him. With a glare that could freeze fire, he fixed his gaze on Bruce and Tim, his voice laced with venom as he unleashed his pent-up rage.

"What were you thinking?!" Jason's voice echoed across the Batcave, sharp and cutting like a blade. His words were like a barrage of arrows, each one aimed directly at Bruce and Tim's conscience. "You had no right to drag Damian and Billy into this mess! They're just kids, damn it!"

His fists clenched at his sides, trembling with the force of his anger. Jason's eyes blazed with an intensity that could rival the flames of hell itself, his frustration boiling over like a cauldron on the verge of eruption. He had entrusted Bruce and Tim to respect the boundaries and rules he placed for the safety of his brothers, and they had failed him in the worst possible way.

"You could have gotten them killed!" Jason's voice cracked with emotion, his words dripping with raw fury. "Do you have any idea what it's like to watch someone you love be torn apart by those monsters? To feel utterly helpless as they're consumed by darkness?"

The weight of his words hung heavy in the air, a grim reminder of the consequences of their actions. Jason's anger was a force to be reckoned with, a tempest of emotions that threatened to consume them all in its wake. For in that moment, he was not just Red Ghoul, the formidable warlock of Gotham—he was a brother, betrayed and furious, his heart bleeding with anguish for those he held dear.

"And don't you dare try to justify it with your 'greater good' nonsense!" Jason's voice rose, the intensity of his fury amplifying with each word. "You think I don't know about sacrifice? About doing whatever it takes to protect this city? I've spilled blood for Gotham, more than you'll ever know!"

His eyes flashed with a mixture of pain and indignation; the weight of his past sins heavy upon his shoulders. Jason had faced darkness unlike anything Bruce and Tim could imagine, and he bore the scars—both physical and emotional—to prove it.

"But I will not sacrifice my brothers on the altar of your ego!" Jason's voice thundered across the Batcave, a fierce defiance burning in his eyes. "You want to play hero, fine. But leave Damian and Billy out of it. They deserve better than to be pawns in your game!"

His words hung in the air like a challenge, a gauntlet thrown down in the face of their authority. Jason's voice cracked with bitterness as he turned his gaze solely on Bruce, his eyes blazing with righteous anger. "You, Bruce," he spat, the words dripping with venom. "All those sweet promises about changing, about respecting boundaries and trusting me... they were all lies, weren't they? Just empty words to placate me while you continue to play your twisted games."

Bruce met Jason's accusing glare with a heavy silence, guilt weighing heavily on his shoulders like a leaden cloak. He knew Jason was right, knew that his actions had once again betrayed the trust his son had placed in him. But the words caught in his throat, unable to find their way past the lump of remorse that had formed there.

Jason's chest heaved with frustration, his fists clenched at his sides as he struggled to contain the storm of emotions raging inside him. "I should have known better than to trust you," he continued, his voice raw with hurt and betrayal. "But I guess some lessons are just too hard to learn."

The air between them crackled with tension, the weight of their unspoken words hanging heavy in the air like a shroud of regret. Bruce's silence spoke volumes, a stark reminder of the chasm that had opened up between them, widening with every broken promise and shattered trust. And as Jason turned away, his heart heavy with disillusionment, Bruce could only watch helplessly, knowing that some wounds ran too deep to ever truly heal.