CHAPTER ELEVEN

Iya's POV

I need Pietro to listen to me.  He cannot hurt Nico.  Please...

My fear for Nico's safety and Pietro's temper clicked something bad in me.  Soon I was aflame again.  Control.  Mama said I need to control.  I try me best to control my emotions, to simmer down but as long as Pietro is holding Nico, I just couldn't.

I started to feel really bad, dizzy, and nauseous.  I just wanted to sleep as I feel so tired.

Soon I felt safe as warm hands soothe my back.  I could not focus but I could breath better.

"Iya, Iya!  Look, I let him go.  I will not harm him, I give you my word.  Just be okay now.  Please." 

I know that voice.  I like that voice.  I like his warmth.  Am I dreaming?

"Look into my eyes.  Iya!  It's I, Pietro.  Look!"  Pietro wiped the blood from my face.

I opened my eyes and found beautiful chestnut eyes like mine.  Pietro.  How can I hate this man and yet I like being near him?

"Pietro, don't hurt him.  It's all my doing."  I tried to reason with him.

"Anything you want, Iya.  I let him go.  I will not punish him.  Just be okay now.  Please, my beautiful, Iya."  He sounded sincere and really worried.

The orange flame died down.  I could feel my strength returning.  This is an improvement, at least I did not pass out and hospitalized this time.

Pietro helped me up.  

"I can manage now.  Thank you.  Please let go." 

"I'll bring you home."

"I can walk."  He would not let go, still.  "Do not touch me,  Alpha King.  Remember how you would not want to be associated with someone weak, helpless, and not good enough?   I do not deserve to be in your presence."  I said sarcastically.  

"You need me."

"But you don't need me nor want me."

His silence is like a knife cutting through my body.  I will not force myself on a mate who does not want me.

I removed his hands forcibly and began walking away.  Pietro stood and watch me leave.

On my way back, I was already planning how to leave this place.  I cannot go back to my parents.  He'll expect that.  I could go to the human territory.  Yes, far from packs.  I need to use my power to mask my scent so they can't trace me.  

I went to my room and took a long shower.  I feel my strength has returned one hundred percent.  Pietro, his family, and my parents are supposed to have a dinner tonight.  It would be the perfect time to break out.

It was seven in the evening and the moon is shrouded with clouds.  Good sign, I think.

I went into my bathroom and checked my chances in escaping through the window there.  When I saw the height, I got worried.  Magic.  I need to use magic to buffer my fall.  Think, Iya, think.

"Now is the time, Iya, come on you can do this!"  I cheered for myself.  

I sat on the ledge of the window, closed my eyes and thought of using wind magic again.  Nothing!  I tried again.  The hell!  

"Fine.  I will do this the human way!"  No time to waste, I jumped!

I fell legs first then bum next.  "Geez, ouch!"  Great, now I think I sprained my left leg!  I tried standing up.  It hurts!  I tried to walk and I realize if I do not put my full weight on my left leg, I can manage.

I was limping towards the forest when I saw from a distance a number of royal guards.  

"Okay, fae and witch part of me, listen, now is the time to cooperate.  I cannot do this without you!"  

I saw a wild flower and I remembered my wings.  I touched the flower and summoned my wings.  "Yes!  Thank you, wings!"  I lift from the ground and flew higher and higher.  I managed to put a distance from the royal pack.  I saw a road with cars passing through.  There's my way out.  I was descending already when I heard Pietro's famous growl.

I need to move, fast!  

As I reached the road, I waved like crazy at the first vehicle I saw to hitch a ride.  Lucky me, the first car stopped.  I explained my emergency to go to the nearest hospital and the nice old woman bought it.  I felt weak and drowsy during the ride.  The old lady encouraged me to sleep and I did.

A hand was shaking me.  "Miss, miss, we are here at the hospital," the old lady said.  Indeed we are.  I thanked her profusely and send her off. 

Instead of proceeding to the hospital I hailed a taxi cab and continued to go farther.  When I was satisfied that I am far enough from Pietro, I stopped the taxi and paid.  I walk with a limp as I was looking for a place to stay the night.  The wind blew and as if I could hear Pietro's call.  Stupid mate bond!

I settled in a decent motel had a light dinner and contemplated on my next plan.  What now, Iya!  Will anyone miss me?  Will they look for me?  I feel my heart constricting.  How pathetic am I?  

"Snap out of it, foolish girl!  For all you know he is celebrating now that you are gone!"  

I made my parents worried.  I need to contact them.  But not now.  Tomorrow.  

As I let sleep take me, my last thought was Pietro saying I am his beautiful Iya...

BAM!!!!

The sound of the door flying  woke me.  My heart rapidly beat in fear.  The heck was that?

I was still confused from being half awake, the loud sound, and the darkness, when rough hands grabbed me!