CHAPTER V

Please like and comment. I appreciate your feedback and support. I'll be posting new chapters spontaneously, so stay tuned.

Love ya'll.

✯☾ .............................................. ☽✯

The scream resonates throughout the dining area, a scene too gruesome for some to witness

The scream resonates throughout the dining area, a scene too gruesome for some to witness. I remain seated, knowing well that intervention would only worsen matters. My thoughts scatter, teetering on the edge of reason, as I watch May approach Arianna.

One wrong move. If she so much as grazes May, she'll won't even have the chance to complain to her daddy dearest because I will twist her neck.

"Return to your dining seat, Arianna," May commands, her gaze sweeping over the crowd with a disdainful air. "I'm overlooking this incident, solely due to the lack of evidence against you." She's aware no one would dare testify. And conveniently, the cameras must not have captured the footage either. That's the power of the Windsors. You can ruin someone and continue your day as if nothing happened.

A smirk curls Arianna's lips, her light grey eyes darkening with intent. "Oh! I wouldn't dare defy the Council President, would I?" She turns on her heel to leave.

Her underlying message is clear: You keep the seat; I'll keep the rule.

Few Hours Ago

The weight of the stolen cufflink presses against my thigh, a constant reminder of yesterday's theft. Elijah must have noticed its absence by now. With one hand in my pocket, gripping the cufflink, I stride towards the South Building when suddenly, soft hands blindfold me. A familiar fragrance envelops me, igniting an intense desire that grows with every passing millisecond. Before she can utter 'Knock Knock,' I whirl around, catching her off guard. My arms snake around her waist, and without a second thought or a glimpse of her face, our lips crash together in a fervent kiss. I kiss her as if there's no tomorrow, no today-nothing but her.

When we finally break apart, she grins and teases, "Knock Knock."

"Who's there?" I gasp out, trying to catch my breath, desperately attempting to resist the urge to kiss her again, leaving small pecks in between each word.

"Brauche," she murmurs, sending shivers down my spine as our lips meet once more with a passion that is palpable. She moans softly, her voice a seductive melody in my mouth, and whispers, "Brauche dich." (Need You)

I had dedicated myself to learning German just for May, and in this moment, it feels like every effort was worth it. "Ich liebe dich," I confess after our lips part, expressing the depth of my feelings for her.
(I love you)

In the Classroom

May has officially returned to school and assumed her role as the new Council President. I've always believed in her worthiness of the title. After all, she is May. My May. The one who stands out in a sea of puppets.