Chapter 5 - Responsibility

The group of boys were walking together to send Shinyu off his first class in the morning after getting a quick breakfast from the well-known bakery around the campus vicinity. Just an hour ago, supposedly only Wonwoo, asked whether Shinyu's up for a cafe date. With no particular matter he's obliged to finish, Shinyu ended up agreeing to the request, soon embarking the new day with his morning companion. In which, was later joined by everyone in the group.

Shinyu was clearly not unaware of Wonwoo's act of service this morning, staying by his side and refused to engage into any conversations their friends were regularly bickering about. He even went so far as to sit right next to Shinyu in the cafe, offering him bites of his own portion.

Shinyu's easygoing and accepting nature seemed to have affected his friends, treating him as if he had been part of their group for just as many years as they had all known each other. Specially those who he had learned to have a nickname inside the campus walls. Seungcheol goes by the alias 'The Sugar Daddy', Soonyoung is known as the dynamic 'The Dancing Tiger', Wonwoo carries the title 'The Man in the Glasses' who everyone knows for being smartly cold, Seokmin earning a side of his duality as 'The King of Arthur', and Mingyu being referred as 'The Boyfriend Material'. Shinyu wouldn't dwell much on how or why or where they got the names from, but he couldn't ignore how they were the most exceptionally kind to him, despite having only met him a few days prior.

And Shinyu would've thought how they were treating him is their daily apparent custom, if it weren't for the attention being directed solely at him, not even to the youngest before him. It was proven right when the mentioned whined about his 12 hyungs being the reason of his despair almost everyday.

Maybe the same quarrel will happen to him once they'd get closer, but Shinyu preferred playing safe regardless of what the future holds, setting a boundaries in between things that is reasonable to be shared and not.

---

Arriving in front of the class, Shinyu waved at his friends and walked in with Jihoon, who would be having the same class with him for the next few hours.

As Shinyu stepped into the music classroom nestled within the heart of the college's music department, he found himself enveloped in a space that was both captivating and comforting. The room, modest in size yet brimming with creative potential, struck him as a sanctuary for people who loved music like himself. The rich, black walls created a striking contrast against the floor beneath, which boasted tiles that mimicked the warm, inviting appearance of polished wood. Yet, he noted, these were crafted from high-quality vinyl—a practical choice that promised durability and ease of maintenance for a space that was clearly well-used and loved.

All around, there were many different musical instruments. There laid string instruments that looked elegant, shiny brass instruments, and percussion instruments with lots of details, seemingly a place full of opportunities to create music. Comfortable chairs and even beanbags were strategically placed throughout, inviting students to sit and immerse themselves in practice or discussion.

The atmosphere was inviting, with soft, adjustable lighting that complemented the black walls and created a cozy, intimate setting. Shinyu appreciated how this lighting not only accentuated the instruments and the glossy floor but also crafted an environment conducive to relaxation and open-minded exploration of music theory and performance.

Notably, acoustic panels were integrated into the room's design, ensuring that every note played or sung was crisp and clear, free from the muddiness of unwanted echoes. These panels, alongside the room's overall layout and materials, were clearly chosen to enhance the acoustic quality, making it an ideal place for both practice and small performances.

From Shinyu's perspective, every detail in this music classroom was meticulously planned to nurture the musical journey of its students. It was a place where comfort met creativity, allowing him and his peers to explore, learn, and grow as artists within its comforting embrace.