The Mark of a Good Night

You arrive at the studio late that Saturday and you open the door to find it completely transformed. It's become a beautiful party venue with dim lighting and an atmosphere quite similar to the Cavern. Luckily, everyone here seems at least somewhat distinguished so the stress and fear present in the Cavern is not present here. You spot the band near the back corner.

George notices you at the same moment and calls out your name before walking over to you. You two meet halfway with a warm embrace. He pulls back and smiles at you for a moment. "How was the ride over?"

George had sent a driver over in a very nice car to pick you up from yours around twenty minutes ago. It was the first time you felt fancier from knowing the band, but you didn't mind this development. "It was very nice. Thank you for doing that, Georgie."

He smiled at the nickname. "Anything for you. You look wonderful, by the way. I feel like I underdressed."

You were wearing a long-sleeved maroon dress with black tights and curled hair. You had spent the past two hours getting ready, but it was more for the fact that you had nothing else to do today. You took the time to be extra meticulous about your makeup. George is wearing a tailored black suit, which is the nicest thing you've seen him in yet. "You look very handsome."

He kisses you on the cheek and puts an arm around your waist before leading you back to the rest of the band. Paul says hi to you first, pulling you into a hug and complementing your hair. The two others are accompanied by two women – presumably their partners.

The one standing next to Ringo greets you next. She has black hair and heavy black eyeliner and is wearing a beautiful lace dress. She looks stunning and insanely cool. You immediately want to be her friend. "Hi! Oh my god, I've been wanting to meet you since I first heard about you." She hugs you tightly. "My name's Maureen."

"Oh, it's so nice to meet you! You look so cool." You regret it once you say it but she beams in reaction.

"Are you kidding me? You're gorgeous."

You start a thank you but Ringo interrupts. He puts his arm around her and she stares up at him, giggling. "Alright girls, you're both beautiful. Let me say hi." He steps over to you and hugs you, whispering that it's nice to see you.

You then move to John. The girl puts her hand out and you shake it. "I'm Cynthia, John's wife."

Your mouth falls open. "Wife? I didn't even think there were any girlfriends!"

They laugh. "You thought that because of the bunk beds, huh?" Maureen asks.

"Well, yeah."

Cynthia smiles. "They come back to us on the weekends and on breaks."

"Trust me, it wouldn't look like that if we lived there." Maureen adds.

You laugh. George puts his arm around your waist and you look at him. You ask yourself if this is the life you want — only seeing your boyfriend, your husband even, on the weekends and one-off parties. But then he kisses you and you feel like you could do it. You could live in those bunk beds if it meant he would kiss you like that every day.

"Do you need anything?" He asks, arm still around you.

You shake your head, blushing a bit.

"Are you sure? We're going on in about 10 minutes."

You frown. You forgot the guys are going to be performing most of the night. "I'm okay, George."

"Alright."

"Are you nervous?"

He smiles. "Very."

"You're going to do great, I know it." Your hand aimlessly rubs his neck and his shoulder.