Chapter 5: Echoes of Oblivion

She presented herself as a Galaxy Ranger, a guise so far removed from her true nature, a fabrication woven to obscure her identity. In reality, she was an Emanator, a harbinger of demise as most would describe her. Countless lives had succumbed to her blade, their faces lost to the fog of her memory, swallowed by the relentless expanse of the cosmos. Her planet, her past, all swallowed by the unforgiving void.

Her eyes, a kaleidoscope of purple and pink, held a serpentine intensity, simultaneously captivating and menacing. She spoke sparingly, her interactions scarce and transient. She traversed the universe as a lone wanderer, a nomad in the expanse of stars.

Yet, amidst her detached existence, why did her heart quicken at his presence? Why did her hands tremble in his proximity? Though her mind remained clouded, her heart held the elusive answers. Who was he? The Nihility, the abyss that consumed her very essence, had affected her memories but not to this extent. Even clutching her blade failed to summon the memories they once shared. The Remembrance, custodian of all cosmic knowledge, retained no trace of him in her mind. Someone had deliberately severed the ties that bound them. But why?

Her reverie shattered as the man she sought stood before her, their faces mere inches apart, each exhale mingling in the space between them. Her eyes widen by this sudden confrontation as she instinctively swung her sheathed sword pushing him away from her. 

"M'lady, If you're going to keep gazing on me with those lovely eyes of yours. I might die out of adoration, don't you think?"

Once more, her mind teetered on the edge of recognition, the sound of his voice a haunting echo from a forgotten past. Its familiarity stirred something deep within her, tugging at the strings of her heart. Yet, despite her efforts, his identity remained elusive, a puzzle she yearned to solve. Determined to unveil the truth, she resolved to confront him head-on, pushing him to the brink in search of answers.

With that resolve burning within her, she surged forward, her sealed blade slicing through the air towards him. But Zephyr was quick to react, parrying her attack with a fluid motion of his own blade. Their dance of combat unfolded with lightning speed, a flurry of strikes and counters that left no room for hesitation. Each clash echoed through the chamber, leaving behind a trail of destruction etched into the once pristine walls. The flames that had once engulfed the room now waned in the wake of their confrontation, extinguished by the shockwaves that rippled through the air.

As they both retreated, their breaths heavy with exertion, the woman in purple, her eyes ablaze with determination, posed a question that echoed the very thoughts that plagued Zephyr's mind. 

"Have we met before?" 

She inquired, her voice carrying a hint of urgency beneath its cool facade.

"Perhaps..."

"..."

A gentle yet serine smile graced the once stoic expression of hers, Her hands griped onto the hilt of her sealed sword revealing it's true form.

 "Then, I hope you survive this..."

With the release of her sword, the entire world around them came to a sudden halt, as if time itself had paused to witness the impending clash. Her once twin-tailed purple hair underwent a dramatic transformation, turning as white as freshly fallen snow, cascading down to her ankles like a flowing river of frost. Her complexion, once light and warm, now took on a chilling pallor, resembling the moonlight on a winter's night.

The serene and captivating eyes she once possessed now blazed with an intense, bloody red hue, like rubies set aflame. Red flowers adorned her divine figure, a hauntingly beautiful contrast to the impending violence she was about to unleash.