6

Quiver

In the crowded dojo Lucky, Miguel and Aisha, now in gi's, trained with eachother off in a corner where there wasn't a bunch of people.

Johnny stood at the front by his office, looking at everyone. "Ok. Today we begin..." He began but no one had heard him over all the noisy chatter. "Quiet!"

Finding it hard to not hear him this time everyone turned to look at him, dropping their conversations. "Face front."

Johnny started walking, making sure to have a good look at everyone. Briefly pausing as he passed Demetri. "Nice shirt." Demetri looked down at his pi shirt. "Thanks." "I'm joking it sucks." Looking at Demetri's let down face Lucky quietly laughed to herself.

Yet again stopping, he looked at some girl who was smiling excitedly at him. "Word of advice. If you got shit for teeth, don't smile."

On and on he went, insulting many people.

"God, makes me feel like a virgin, just looking at you."

"When I look around this dojo, I don't see Cobra Kai material." He stated, making his way back to the front. "I see losers, I see nerds." He paused before carrying on. "I see a fat kid with a funny hat with his tits popping out." Miguel and Lucky looked at eachother, not knowing where this was going.

"But in my short time as a sensei, I've also seen some miracles." He looked over at the three of us, slightly smiling. "So, maybe there's some hope for you yet." Johnny swallowed, looking back at everyone.

"But first, I need to see where you're at. So everybody, fall in!" Confused whispering filled the room. "That means line up." At this, people started to make their way behind Miguel, Lucky or Aisha.

"No, not... not line up in a line. Lines. Get in lines." Still nobody moving, Lucky silently cursed at the sound of her brothers voice. "You mean like 'rows'?" Johnny put his face in his hands. "Ugh."

When everyone was in lines we began. "Fighting positions. Jab punch." Johnny walked around again, checking everyone. "No, wait till I say go."

"Hiyah!" Everyone punched the air. "Hiyah!" The same again. And again. "Come on. Stand straight. Plant your feet in there." Johnny started to correct. "Are you sure your right handed?"

"Come on, Tits, you can do better than that. You got weight, use it." Johnny looked the kid up and down. "Ready? Hiyah!"

Johnny was back at the front again, his eyes focused on someone. "Hey, Lip." Lucky's shoulders slouched, obviously knowing who he meant. "Yeah, you. The one with the freaky lip. Who do you think I'm talking to?"

"Ecuse me, uh, Mr. Lawrence." Demetri arrogantly said. "Sensei Lawrence!" Aisha corrected, looking Demetri up and down. Raising his eyebrows at her, he carried on. "Ok." He chuckled, not caring in the slightest. "You really shouldn't make fun of someone's physical appearance."

Faking muse, Johnny looked straight at Lucky's brother. "Oh. Is that so? So, I'm not supposed to mention his lip at all?" Eli looked up slightly, clearly upset. "Well, yeah." Lucky silently begged for him to stop talking.

"Maybe that's what they teach you in school, but in the real world, you can't expect people to do what they're supposed to do." He looked around at the class. "Alright. You hear that, Lip? If you can't handle someone making fun of you, how are you gonna handle an elbow to the teeth." Lucky could see Eli clench his jaw, looking down.