32. Second-in-command

"Of course, I have already called some of them for you to meet today, and they are already waiting in the training room right now."

"According to your statement, it was not possible to meet all five of them at such short notice."

"At the moment, two of them are currently extremely busy doing a duty that was allocated to them by the organization. Once they are finished, I will make arrangements for another meeting between you."

"Alright, now tell me a little bit about the three people that we are going to meet right now."

"The first one is Miktar Ethan. He's my personal bodyguard, in addition to being a fourth-year student. In the future that I came from, he immediately became a knight to the Avongus royal family after his graduation. I was able to make him mine this time thanks to Samuel's influence."

"I can already tell that he isn't going to accept me as second in command as easily as Diana did then. His loyalty is only toward the Avongus family, so I'm sure he will be the first to criticize and dispute your choice. Don't worry, I will think of a strategy that will cause him to shift his allegiance to me instead."

"I knew that I could count on you for that. Next is Rose Luanda. She is a third-year dwarf student, as well as the student council treasurer. She stayed and assisted the vulnerable after the academy was completely destroyed, swiftly gathering enough money and support to construct a haven. Her current role in the organization right now includes controlling, anticipating, and having a solution ready for a number of circumstances."

"She seemed like a valuable person. I wonder why she didn't play any significant part or receive any mention in the game."

"I still remember how taken aback you were when you interacted with her for the first time. The last member you will encounter is Inglis Baxrel."

Unfortunately, before the president could tell me anything about him, she halted in front of a large door, which opened swiftly.

"Gwen, why did you order us to come here so suddenly and then make us wait for so long?"

A young lady with pink hair suddenly materialized on the opposite side and stood in front of the president. I also noticed that she was using her real name. In the context of the game, the president was never referred to by her real name by any of the students or the majority of the teachers. Hearing a student actually call her by her real name was somewhat strange.

Before the president could answer her, Rose's eyes turned to me. "Do you happen to be the young man who is regarded as a genius? I could have mistaken you for a dwarf because of your height. Why are you so short for a human?"

I was genuinely speechless at her comment. Despite the fact that I was aware of the fact that my height was lower than that of the typical human, this was the first time that someone actually brought it up. The fact that a dwarf was commenting on someone height was even more shocking. What type of irony was at play here?

"Sorry, Alex, I failed to mention that Rose also has a foul mouth."

Rose Lunala, what type of individual are you really? I had a feeling that the dwarf in front of me was someone I shouldn't take lightly. The president seemed to notice my inner feelings but shook her head in disapproval. I ignored the dwarf girl and headed inside the training room. I could see a muscular man in armor, whom I assumed was the president's bodyguard, Miktar Ethan.

I could also make out the presence of another person in the far corner of the vast room. Working out with weight was a man who i concluded to be in his late twenties. "Hold on, don't tell me...."

"Yes, this man is Iglis Baxrel. As you may have already guessed by his appearance, he is an assistant instruction of the academy. He is also the only one in the organization who isn't an academy student."

"You were even able to recruit an assistant instructor into your organization? It seemed that I had been grossly underestimating this organization."

"He is also the reason why everyone is gathered in the training room at this precise moment. Because he works for the academy, his schedule is already tight. He only came today to use the advanced equipment that our training room is equipped with. He is responsible for providing sufficient information that will not be detrimental to the academy but is not accessible to the general public.

"Wait a minute, why is he utterly ignoring me? Are you maybe deaf too?"

I looked at the pink-haired dwarf and realized that she had been talking to me since earlier, but I was only paying attention to what the president was saying. Everything that was coming out of her mouth didn't deserve any of my time or attention.

"Alright everyone, the reason I gathered you here is to meet the new member of the organization. I'm sure everyone is already familiar with the name Alex Fawn. From now on, he will also be the second in command of the organization."

"Excuse me?"

"Did you just say second in command?"

"..."

Both Miktar and Rose were taken aback after hearing the position the president assigned me. Iglis stopped what he was doing to look at me for a brief moment before returning to his workout. It seemed that he had little interest in the hierarchy of the organization.

"If he is going to be the second in command, what will happen to Sir Avongus?" It goes without saying that Miktar was the first to speak, but instead of being concerned about how I was going to manage the organization as a newcomer, he was worried about his master, Samuel Avongus. This clearly showed me that making him change his affliction should be a priority.

"What do you mean by what will happen to Samuel? Nothing is going to change. Samuel will remain a member like he has always been." I could clearly see that the president was conveying ignorance to Miktar.

"Isn't Sir Avongus the second in command already? Why are you giving his position to someone else?" Miktar started shouting.

"Could you remind me exactly when I mentioned that Samuel was the second in command? It's true that he is an important member of this organization, but that's all he is."

I could feel Miktar's frustration and anger building up, but just as he was about to open his mouth in response, the president raised her hand to stop him.

"I don't know exactly why you are getting so enraged, Miktar, but before saying anything else, you should know that I have already discussed this with Samuel beforehand, and he didn't have any problem with my decision."