Chapter 3

This is a moment in my life that will forever be ingrained in my memory. Why you may ask?

Let me list the key components:

I was in my bathing suit

Finn Mira was looking at me

Finn Mira was looking at me in said bathing suit

Finn Mira just called me "girl"

I was one British-spoken word away from melting into the pavement

Because of those fucking glasses, I can't decipher the look on his face when he spotted me in my bathing suit. Was he secretly turned on by my bingo arms? Was he mortified for me and he was trying to be nice? Was he disgusted and needed me to get in the water quickly so he didn't have to look at my body anymore?

Don't let your thoughts get the best of you Cathy, he probably didn't even think twice about it. Go about your business. I looked over at Taylor to find that she was still knocked out. His float was nearing the steps, now was my chance. I swallowed my anxiety, went down the steps, and swam up to him. I could tell, even through his glasses, that he was staring at me intently as I put my hand on his float.

"Excuse me sir, my fat ass is too lazy to tread the water right now. Is it alright if I hang onto your float for a bit?" Finn let out a laugh and nodded briskly. I looked at my hand and realized that it was only an inch or two away from his.

"I'm glad to see you're finally in the water, although I am beginning to think that you don't actually know how to swim."

"I like to make a grand entrance, clearly." From behind his sunglasses, I could see him slightly raise his eyebrows and smile. That's good right? I'm making progress with him. "Anyway, I should be asking and checking that you two know how to swim. Do you even have beaches in England?"

"If we do, I've never been. Tay and I have been swimming before, don't worry, there will be no drowning on your watch. My mate back home had a pool that we would hang out at, although I'm not the best at floating for a long time."

"Thank goodness because the lifeguard isn't on duty today."

With that, he began lightly splashing me and couldn't help but love it. Not because his muscles flexed with each push of water, but because I could tell that he softened and became more comfortable since he's been here.

I tear myself out of my thoughts and focus back on the war we created between the two of us. I was using my left hand to keep a grip on his float and my right hand to splash the water. Taylor's float situated itself in the wrong place at the wrong time, causing her to get caught in the middle of it all and jolting her awake.

"Oy, do you two numpties mind? I was having a lovely dream that involved a TSA agent and myself."

"Sorry Taylor, I was just trying to defend myself against your brother's wrath."

"ME?! I had to defend myself against you." He turned to face Taylor, "Your new friend has it out for me Tay, she can be feisty." He had a point, I do have something out for him. Or really, I want him to have something out for me.

The thought caused my eyes to almost bug out of my head. For fuck's sake Cathy, get a grip.

"You know Finny, I seem to believe my new best mate more than you." She slowly pulled me off of his float and I could tell that she was up to something, I figured to go along with it.

"We've been secretly planning to team up and take you down. This was a premeditated plan of destruction." As I spoke, he raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, is that so? I reckon that I could still win on my own against you two."