Chapter I: An Unexpected Savior

"OH, GOOD GOD!" I yell knowing I'm the only one who really cares.

"How can a person even get in situation like this? Can they, or am I the only one to be stupid enough to do the impossible?" I huff in aggravation. 

"Okay, now's not the time to be an impulsive idiot, I need to figure out a way to get out of this."

I pull as hard as I can, only to find myself getting twisted up more and more. This was becoming severely hopeless and what made it worse was the howls being heard in the distance. 

"Okay, so here I am! Stuck and helpless. I'm about to get eaten by a pack of wolves and no one's here to save me. Is this really how I end?" 

I started losing hope as I then panicked as realization struck me that my end was probably coming soon, after a while of pulling, I started crying. Tears flowed down my cheek as I sob while being strung up like a fly in a spider web. I cried for what seemed like hours as I hang my head low. While feeling pathetic and helpless, I quickly fall asleep.

 Maybe it was for the better to be asleep when the wolves come so I don't have to see them circling me.

I woke up quickly startled by the sound of heavy footsteps and armor, I didn't know who was coming so I decided to keep my eyes closed and not look aware. As I hear the steps coming closer, I can only wonder what'll happen to me next. Just then, my body was being poked at and I was being tugged on. 

I peeked my eyes open just a bit to see what's going on, an ethereal looking figure was checking my pulse now. I guess they wanted to know whether I was alive or not. Soon after not moving and playing dead, I was picked up and carried in large arms. The feeling of being freed from the vines that held me captive was like a breath of fresh air. 

I then heard the sound of giant gate doors opening and footsteps on stone. I kept my eyes closed so I wouldn't give it away that I was awake yet, I didn't want to startle my unexpected savior, for I didn't know if he was saving me for the right reason. I heard another pair of giant doors opening and the light around me becomes suddenly darker with a warmer glow. I then realized that I'm being taken inside a building. It came to my attention that my savior might have more intentions than taking care of me, it could be either for the better or the worst. I just had to wait.

The next thing I felt was the feeling of something soft and squishy, I was laid on top of it gently. I was grateful, this mysterious savior saved me from the threat underway and took me to shelter...I just hope this was for the right reason. I then heard a bit of heavy breathing by my side as I peek my eyes just a bit open...my savior crouched next to my side to study me and better understand who I am without waking me up. I tossed and turned a bit to give off the feel of being in restless sleep so no one would suspect a thing. Soon enough I really fell asleep.

I slept for what seemed like a good long while, this was much needed rest after my incident earlier. Throughout my sleep, I felt peaceful enough, just...not enough. I slept lightly due to still not understanding the situation fully. 

Why did my newfound savior take me here?

What is this place?

Why did my savior even decide to save me and what does he want from me?

All these thoughts kept spinning in my head. This was all just too good to be true, if you know what I meant. I then finally wake up from all the unpleasant thoughts in my sleep, sitting up, yawning, and rubbing my eyes. I then look to my side to get a better look at my savior...except this was nothing like I expected it to be.

"AAHHH!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs as I fell off the couch-like object he laid me to rest on.