Chapter 23 ~ I found you

The soldiers took off to find Empress Victoria as Henry went with them too, he knew he'd find his wife before them. He was angry and resented himself for not being able to protect her, like he promised he would. When they arrived at the building behind the palace Henry tried kicking the door down.

But it wouldn't budge...

Inside the building Victoria heard him banging on the door, and grunting as she sat up using every bit of energy she had left.

"H-henry?-" Victoria asked, her words almost sounding like a soft whisper. Henry heard his wife speak and knocked down the lock, pulling open the door and sprinted straight to Victoria without a care in the word.

He fell onto his knees beside her and hugged her really tight and wouldn't let go.  But deep inside he felt really guilty, he couldn't believe this happened to his wife because he wouldn't get up. 

Henry didn't say anything and just picked Victoria up and carried her back to his horse. He placed her on the saddle and sat behind her. He wrapped his arms around her waist softly and rested his head on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry." He whispered softly, trying to hide the fact that his voice was breaking, but Victoria patted his cheek and looked at him. "It's alright... I'm fine now," she smiled while looking at him....