Chapter 9 - 𝙊𝙡𝙖𝙧'𝙨 𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙪𝙧

CHAPTER NINE

KORT

"And now we eat cupcakes." I screamed, allowing all of the sprinkled baked goods to fall on my head. It's my birthday with Malcom, Stone and even Otto. All of us together as a family.

And thank the gods it was only a dream, maybe even a nightmare. My arms peel the sheets from my sticky skin revealing the evidence of last night with Stone. The bitter taste of his seed lingered on my lips and tongue, my skin damp in our sweat and my ass leaking. The aftermath was also my legs cramping from being manhandled all night but surprisingly my left one managed to kick off the blankets revealing the empty bed.

Where was Stone? Where was Stone!

"Stone? Sir Yaekl are you here?" Instantly my back was postured against the bed frame giving me a better look around the room to spot Stone's absence. I whimper after receiving no response, my arms scoop under my legs to swing them against the bed's edge before leaping onto the wood floor. I crawled my way to the kitchen ensuring my movements were quiet in an attempt to not wake up Stone's family. If they woke to see me naked like a roach in their house it would traumatise both of us.

What I feared most happened when noticing Stone wasn't in the kitchen nor the living room. I was sure he wasn't in his brothers or mother's rooms so there was only one place left to search, the bathroom. I inched my way inside the pitch darkness soon hearing low weeping near the basin then seeing my warrior crept in a fetal position.

A blind person could tell he was crying. The chief was crying right before me and I was clueless on what to do.

"I-I'm sorry Kort, I lied to you and now I'm being punished." Stumbling on his words, Stone reached his hands to slap his face making me bend and grab the limb, why was he acting like this? Just an hour ago we were mating like feral animals and now he's like a completely different person, timid.

"Punished how? Stone Yaekl speak to me or else I wouldn't know what's happening." Using his own words against him worked in my favour. Still the man shuttered himself from me only digging his head deeper in his knees. I only wanted to help him from this unusual state. Stone was always emotionally stronger than me so seeing him breaking in such a way ached horribly. Not giving him another chance to avoid me my body inched close enough to wrap my arms around his body, kissing the space between his eyes and ear and then lifting his face to meet mines.

"Please Sir, just tell me what's on your mind, you can tell me anything whenever your ready"

"...The children like to taunt me. Your father's brother, Griffin, the one who imported all the weapons into Otlar brought me to the chapel for a tradition. Every Yaekl who becomes chief must overcome the barriers their powers hold and that was done with sacrifices for years. Every month since I killed my father he'd bring me to the chapel and force me to absorb the energy of the sacrifices. All were children from DaIr whose parents were informants, their people are shifters who carry sorcery even the greatest of Mages don't hold."

"Killing them when they are too young to use them was the Headmaster's plan, he would let me absorb every last drop of their magic until we were ready to go to war with the DaIr clan; and using their own powers against them would be the key to the clan's defeat."

"But...It's as horrible as it sounds. Yes, DaIr people has betrayed, killed and even rape many of our citizens but taking their children and massacring them after everything is pure evil. I still hear their voices and screams, Kort! I made myself look like this hero for you but I'm just a monster, a war criminal!"

I was silent, well silenced from Stone's outburst. During his speech smoke seemed to fly out his nostrils and his neck veins pumped with each word. The porcelain basin cracked when Stone reached to hold it in an attempt to get himself off the ground which I quickly prevented by tugging his arm.