Chapter 1: I Meet A Talking Heather

I was having a great day. And then I fell asleep. It wasn't the sleep itself that was the problem, it was the dreams that came with it. My dreams were never good, but these ones were different. These ones weren't flash-backs. I wasn't sure what these were.

I'm standing in a forest. The canopy of leaves above me lets through only small spots of sunlight, dappling my skin.

"Annabeth!" I heard a voice call out to me, but I couldn't see anyone.

"Hello?" I say.

"Down here!" The voice said. "The heather!" I looked down and saw some heather by my feet. "You have to save me!" The heather moved as it spoke.

"I-what?" I said, confused.

"You have to save me! Please!" The heather cried.

"Who are you?" I asked, but before the heather could answer, the dream changed.

I'm on Olympus now, but something is different. The gods aren't in their thrones. Instead my friends are, and I noticed that I was sitting in my mother's throne.

"Why are we sitting in the gods' thrones?" I asked immediately. I hate not knowing things.

"Because we are the gods." Percy said, giving me a bit of a strange look.

"What do you mean? I don't understand, what happened?" I asked.

"Annabeth," Percy said. "You know what happened. Are you okay, is something wrong?"

"I'm fine, but I don't know what happened!" I said, frustrated. Before anyone could reply, the dream changed again.

Now I'm in the middle of a battlefield, with both demigods and gods fighting or lying wounded, dead or lying on the ground. I look around for Percy, but I don't see him until he pulls me out of the way of a huge chunk of rubble falling from a marble column.

"Percy! What's going on?" I ask, having to shout to be heard over the sounds of the battle.

"You know what's going on! Duck!" Percy replies just as anither chunk of rubble flies over my head. The dream freezes. A man appears leaning against one of the columns that's somehow still standing.

"A beautiful scene isn't it? Complete destruction. A chance to start anew." The man says.

"What do you mean? Who are you?" I asked, and he chuckled.

"All will be revealed in time. I can't do this for long, so remember this; sometimes to improve things, you have to completely rebuild." The man says.

"What?" I said as he started to fade away. "Wait, no, don't go, who are you?" I said, but he faded away completely and the dream unfroze.

And then I woke up. I sat bolt upright in bed, breathing heavily, and my blonde curls fell into my face. I brushed my hair out of my face just as Percy seemed ti wake up a bit.

"You okay?" Percy said, though it was more of a sleepy mumble.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had a bad dream." I whispered back.

"Flash-back or nightmare?" He asked as I lay back down.

"Not a flash-back but I'm not sure what it was." I whispered as he wralped his arms around me. I snuggled into the hug, breathing in his salty sea water scent.

"You smell like the beach." Was all I whispered before falling asleep again. I didn't have another weird dream, so I won't bore you with this one. I woke up the next