0.02

Most people when they hear Bastard Mikaelson think of Niklaus Mikaelson, the boy that was abused by Mikael himself.

They forget the bastard that came before him, the start of Esther's cheating.

Jakobe Mikaelson.

They don't think of him because he was treated differently by his parents than Niklaus was.

By the time he was born he had attached himself to Mikael, it pleased the egotistical man. It pleased him to have a boy that got his hands on any weapon he could, a boy that loved a fight and had a fire in him like no other.

What made Mikael love him the most was also the thing his mother hated him for.

His inability to produce his own magic.

At first Mikael had seen it as a disadvantage, having seen his wife's magic he had felt disappointed in his favorite son.

Then he saw it in action, he had seen how weak a simple touch made his wife. It made him angry when she referred to his gift as an abomination. She was clearly jealous.

To be able to steal magic from others? Sure it wasn't amazing that his son didn't have his own magic but the fact that he could somehow counter his wife who he had saw as powerful made him love his son even more.

It wasn't long before he bad to go back, fighting didn't stop. He was constantly at war.

And when he came back his wife was pregnant again, he was excited. After how Jakobe had come out he was so happy to see his next child.

At first he had loved Niklaus, but Niklaus was nothing like Jakobe.

That's probably where Mikael truly fucked up, comparing the two children as if they were the same person instead of loving Niklaus for who he is.

But he didn't. Every chance he got he would nit pick the things Niklaus did. From the way he acted to his favorite activities.

"You must teach him how to be like you my boy." He would tell Jakobe with a smile, patting his shoulder. Frowning when his son would shake his head.

"Father he is not me, Niklaus is his own human." Jakobe would say, his siblings stood at the side with bated breath and every time Jakobe somehow got away with the way he spoke to their father. "I will teach Niklaus how to fight as is proper, but father you mustn't punish my brother so harshly or I fear he may start to act out which would put us in more danger."

Surprisingly Mikael would nod his head, smile appearing back on his face as he ruffled Jakobe's hair.

"You have always been my better my boy, I'm honored to have a son as smart as you to forsee my actions." Then he'd clap him on the back and let out a laugh looking at his wife. "I don't know why you despise him so much woman! These are the makings of a competant warrior."

It made Jakobe so proud, it made all of the subtle harsh pinches and jabs from his mother worth it. He was sad his brother didn't get the same love from their father bit in Jakobe's eyes they had a parent each that loved and hated them.

Unfortunately these things made the marriage between their parents deteriorate. With Esther trying to convince Mikael to see Jakobe as the abomination that he was and Mikael doing the same for Niklaus.

Unlike what most would think this made Jakobe and Niklaus impossibly close. They could share their pain with one another even if the pain wasn't the same. Niklaus knew that he could run to Jakobe anytime their father got out of hand and vice versa.

It was comforting.

But as they grew the abuse just got worse, with time they had to depend on each other and use the other as an out.