•5•

(Toon Link's POV)

"Hyah! Hah! Emhah" Ahh!"

I heard the grunts of the competitors training as soon as I walked in.

On the left, I saw Fox beating up a sandbag with Falco. They were using a combination of melee attacks and projectiles. I heard their phaser guns could rack up some big damage.

On the right, I saw Sheik and Zero Suit Samus practicing some dash attacks with each other. They were some of the fastest fighters in the tournament, I had heard. I better watch out for their speed.

I saw Lucina and Marth practicing parry attacks with each other. They were incredibly powerful with the swords they had, and they transformed it into a very versatile weapon.

"Link!"

I turned my head to see who was calling me.

"Dude, I'm right here!"

I turned by head to the left to see a big inspiration to me: Mega Man!

"Mega Man! Hi dude! What's up?" I didn't realize he was even in the tournament this year.

"Oh, not much! I was just wondering if you wanted to, like, practice with me? You have really good projectiles I heard!"

"Okay, sure. I think I have to sign in first though."

"Oh, right. The sign in desk is right over there." He pointed to a large desk with a familiar looking man sitting at it.

"Thanks. I'll be right back." I walked over to the sign in desk. It was a dark brown, with several flowers on it.

"Hello Mr. Toon Link!" The man at the front desk joyfully said. "How may I help you today sir?"

"I would just like to sign in."

"Great." He fumbled through hundreds of papers to find a golden sheet. "Sign right here."

I signed my name and handed the paper back to him. "Here you go."

"Thank you. The tournament starts in 20 minutes."

"Okay, great. Can I ask for your name?"

"Yes. Call me Mr. Sakurai."

"Thanks Mr. Sakurai."

"No problem."

I walked away from his desk and back over to Mega Man who was patiently waiting for me.

"Ready?" He asked?

"Yep." I responded.

I followed him over to a door with glass walls around it. This place really likes glass stuff.
Mega Man opened the door and we walked in.

The room was completely white. The floor, the walls, everything. The only exception was the wall near the door which was glass.

I drew my sword. He loaded his hand gun. I loaded my bow. He got his leaf shield ready. I put away my bombs and boomerang in my pockets. He drew his fire sword.

"Go!" He screamed as if we were in a real war.

I charged at him. I stabbed him with my sword three times. I drew a bomb while he was down and hit him with it as he stood back up. I jumped over him and plummeted straight down with my sword into his arm. I fired my bow at full charge. I ran up to him and used by finishing smash attack. I swung my sword over my head, launching him out of bounds. I won.

He died with 163% damage. I won with 0%.

"Dude! What the hell! You're so good! You could've warned me!" Mega Man cried out as he got up.