"My Wife is My Comfort"

Aditya's POV

"Noor, are you alright?" I asked her when I saw her awake. I thought she might need something and was looking at me for some help.

"Yeah, I am alright but why were you sleeping on the floor all night?" She asked in a voice full of concern. I still can't help but was looking at her in disbelief.

I was not able to believe that she was in front of me this morning. And maybe I would be lucky enough to find her in front of me every morning, every night, every second.

I was brought back to the reality from my thoughts by her voice. "Aditya!!" She called my name. Ahhh!!! Her voice. The most calm and soothing voice I've ever heard. The only voice able to calm the fire and anger down inside me.

"Aditya, I'm asking something. What are you thinking about?" "No-nothing. You. What were you asking?" I managed to get words out of my mouth.

"Why were you sleeping on the floor?" She asked sighing at my confusion. "Because my wifey held my hands and I didn't want to disturb her sleep. That's why I slept on the floor." I told her the truth.

She was first surprised but then asked, "You could've freed your hand and slept on the bed comfortably."

"If my wife would be disturbed anyhow then there won't be any comfort in my life. Even if her sleep gets disturbed I can't sleep peacefully and comfortably. Only she is my comfort." I said placing my right hand on her cheek.

She smiled and then holding my hands tried to get me up from the floor. "Get up Adi. Your back must be hurting."

She helped me sit on the bed. Then sat in front of me and softly said, "Adi, you should sleep now. You were all awake the whole night. Just rest okay."

By saying this she got up from the bed. She just stepped further when I held her wrist and pulled her near me.

"Where are you going? Please sit here. And I'm not sleepy." I said then she smiled,hearing my words and holding my hands, she said, "I was just going to bring the first aid. Your back must be hurting. Let me massage your back. It would be relieving. Okay?"

I nodded with a smile and left her wrist. A few seconds later she came near me with an ointment in her hand. She sat on the bed and said, "Okay now remove your t-shirt." I looked at her for a few seconds which is usual but this time with surprise.

Looking at me and sensing my thoughts she said dramatically, "Oh please not now. Don't act like those foolish ITV female leads. Who is always scared of the close proximity between her partner and her."

I laughed at her words and so did she. "Okay I was just thinking if you would be comfortable or not."

"Aditya we married yesterday but we have been friends for years. And I have never been uncomfortable with you for a second in these years. So don't think too much." She answered calmly.

I know she is acting calm and normal but actually is not. But I want her to open up slowly. Of course I want everything to happen according to her wishes. She is my little wifey. Also my best friend. My baccha. My little princess. She is all worthy of love and care. She is worth each and every happiness. She is my topmost priority. Or better I say my only priority.

I removed my t-shirt and  myself laid on the bed on my stomach. She started massaging my back with her soft fingers. Even in my best dreams I couldn't ever imagine her with me every second. But it's not a dream. This is the reality of my life. She is with me and I am blessed with her. My life is blessed with her.