I'm sorry Doc

Art by Nebulousmedic on Tumblr

(note i haven't gotten to actually play Tf2 yet, I'm just going off fan stuff) 

It had been a long and agonizing battle

The constant back and forth would be enough to make a spectator's head spin, and the blue Medic was at the horrible center of it all. Chasing his teammates all over the place, seeming to do everything in their power to leave him behind, his Scout racing around a corner to God knows where, Soldier rocket jumping away, leaving him with the red team, even Heavy seemed to not care, practically vanishing when Medic needed him. To say Medic was done with it would be an understatement.

As Medic wandered over to a surprisingly quiet part of the map, he saw a small blood trail that wasn't there before when someone got eliminated. Their body (and blood) would disappear shortly after, so whoever's blood this is must still be alive. He followed the trail quickly, his medical intentions kicking in. However, he wished it didn't when he was led to the red teams Scout hiding under a desk shaking and bloody.

Medic knew that one of Engineers sentries was nearby, and it looked like it got him pretty good. Medic stared at his dying enemy, most everyone else on his team would have reveled in such an easy kill, but Medic, all he could feel was a sense of remorse for the Scout. Sure, he was a little bastard on the battlefield, but that didn't mean he deserved this, no one did.

As Medic leaned down to examine the speedster, Scout suddenly opened his eyes and looked up at the Medic. A look of relief crossed his face for a moment as he reached a weak hand to the Medic,

"Doc, you found me."

He placed his hand gently on Medic's face, eyes glossy with tears, which only made Medic's heart break more.

"Scout I...I'm not...I'm not your Medic."

He said, placing his hand on Scouts. Scout's smile didn't waver however he just let out a small sigh and said

"It's okay... Are you going to kill me?"

"60 SECONDS REMAINING!"

The announcer stated Medic could hear his team calling for him, but he ignored them,

"I-I"

Medic took in a deep breath

"No I won't."

He moved his Medgun towards the Scout and flipped it on. He didn't know if it would work, seeing as how he was on the enemy team, but it was better than nothing. To his surprise, the stream attached the bullet wounds began to close, and the bleeding quickly stopped. Scout's shallow breaths became deeper and his eyes started to focus, all the while Medic held his hand

"30 SECONDS REMAINING!"

"I'm so sorry this happened to you."

"It's okay, thank you so much for caring, you...you really didn't have to."

"I know."

Scout's wounds were almost healed, and the pain was mostly gone. Scout sat up and leaned over to Medic, placing his head on his shoulder, and raped his arm around Medic's waist. Medic sat there in shock, his hands hovering over Scout's back tempted to grab him in a tight hug and never letting go.

"10 SECONDS REMAINING!"

"S-Scout I"

"9!"

"Yes Doc?"

"8!"

"I..."

"7!"

"I want to see you again."

"6!"

"Of course Doc, I'd love to see you again."

"5!"

"..."

"4!"

"..."

"3!"

"...Doc?"

"2!"

"Yes?"

"1!"

Scout suddenly grabbed the medic in a tight grip.

"No, don't go-"

The sudden cut off of Scout's voice was interrupted by the announcement

"BLUE TEAM WINS!"

Medic stood in his base the rest of his teammates celebrating their victory. Medic just stared at his hands that were ones holding his Scout. Both had been teleported back to their respective bases. He fought the urge to scream, he hoped (PRAYED) that Scout was okay, because so help him God if they hurt him.