𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

-𝐀𝐧𝐜𝐤-𝐒𝐮-𝐍𝐚𝐦𝐮𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐨𝐯-

Jasper, Nefertiti, and I sat in the back of English Lit class as Zeffirelli's '68 "Romeo and Juliet" plays

Jasper, Nefertiti, and I sat in the back of English Lit class as Zeffirelli's '68 "Romeo and Juliet" plays. The suicide scene was on.

"Arms, take your last embrace, and lips, O you, the doors of breath, seal with a righteous kiss...," Romeo spoke.

The room was dark as the class sat.

Some students were entertained, some moved, and Mike trying not to fall asleep. The teacher, Mr. Pattinson, mouthed every word. "Here's to my love!" Romeo drank the poison.

"O, true apothecary! Thy drugs are quick." "You know, life seems to be vast now," I whispered as Nefertiti nodded.

"Nothing compared to when I thought I lost you two," Jasper whispered back.

"There are worse tragedies than a birthday. Look at Romeo. He's responsible for his wife's death. Who could live with that?" He looked at the screen. "Though I do envy him one thing," he continued.

"Juliet's alright... if you like that beautiful sort of thing," Nefertiti sighed.

"Despite that, she faked her death to be with her love, who thought she died."I added. "Not the girl, the suicide," he replied.

"Nearly impossible for my kind. But humans, a little poison, a dagger to the heart. There are so many options."

"Why would you even think about that?" I asked him as Nefertiti glanced at him. "I considered it. Once. When James wanted you both and Alex," he explained. "If I'd gotten you killed."

"It wouldn't have been your fault," I reminded him. "Either way, I had a plan," he looked at us.

"What plan?" Nefertiti asked. "There are... ways for us," Jasper explained. "At least one way. I would have gone to Italy, provoked...." "The who?" I asked. "The Volturi...," he answered.

"Is something you'd like to share class, Jasper?" Mr. Pattinson asked. "Su? Tiri?"

"Certainly not. But I apologize for being a distraction" "Perhaps you should rewind to act five, scene one line twenty-eight eighty-nine," he recited.