Chapter 9: The Golden Egg, Dobby and Talking With Snape

I'm baaaaack!! It feels so good to be writing again. It's been so crazy for the longest time, that I haven't had the chance to find a way to work on this fanfic. I finally found a way to where I can resume working on it. It's good to be back.

As they make their way up to the castle, leaving Rita Skeeter behind, Ron said, once they were out of earshot of her, "Fits, doesn't it. What Sirius said last night. Remember what Malfoy said on the train? About his dad being friends with Karkaroff? Now we know where they new each other. They were probably running around in masks together at the World Cup. I'll tell you one thing though, if it was Karkaroff who put your name in the goblet, he's going to be feeling really stupid now, wouldn't he? Didn't work now, did it? You only got a scratch." Harry thought, 'You're half right." Ron said, "There's no way any of the other tasks are going to be that dangerous, how could they be? You know what? I reckon you could win this tournament, Harry, I'm serious." They walk through the double doors and make way their way up to Gryffindor Tower. Hermoime said, "Harry's got a long way to go before he finishes the tournament. If that was the first task, I hate to think what's coming next." Ron said, "Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you? You and Trelawney should get together sometime." As they reach Gryffindor Tower, Ron said, "Fred and George should have nicked enough food from the kitchens by now." Sure enough, as they entered the Gryffindor conning room, the entire room exploded with cheers and yells. There was a large pile of cakes and a lot of butterbeer for everyone. Lee set off some Filibuster's fireworks that filled the air with stars and sparkles. Dean who was a very good drawer, made some banners that showed Harry flying around the Horntail's head. Harry grins as he lookd around. He was happy he got through the first task. The second task was 3 months away, so he had plenty of time to figure out the clue that was in the golden egg. Lee said, as he lifts the egg to weigh it on his hand, "Blimey, Harry, this is heavy. Open it Harry. Go on, let's just see what's inside it." Hermoine said, "He's supposed to work out the clue on his own. It's in the tournament rules." Harry said, "I was suppose to work out how to get passed the dragon on my own, too." Hermoinr grins sheepishly at him. Lee passes the egg to Harry. Harry grabs it and holds it steady, as he opens the egg. The egg was empty, but a loud screeching, wailing sound was heard the minute he opened it. Everyone covered their ears as Fred yelled, "Shut it!!" Harry shuts the egg which ended the horrible sound. Seamus said, "What was that? Sounded like a banshee. Maybe you've got to get past one of them next?" While they talked, Hermione said to Fred, "Ron has told me that you been to the kitchen a lot. How do you get in there?" Fred said, "Easy, there's a concealed door behind a painting of a bowl of fruit. Just tickle the pear and it giggles and the door appears." Neville bit into a custard cream filled cake that George gave him. After a minute or 2 he turned into a lathe canary. Fred said as everyone looked at Neville grinning, "Canary cream! George and I invented them! 7 sickles each! A bargain!" Nevilles feathers fell off a minute later as he grins.

Harry hears a soft knock at the entrance to the common room. With the egg in hand, he goes and pushes the fat lady's portrait open. There stood Snape, smiling. Harry said, grinning, "Hey dad, come to join the party?" Snape said, "Indeed, Harry. May I?" Harry said, "Sure!" He moves aside to let Snape enter the common room. Snape enters the common room to see a festive party happening. The portrait closes behind him as he looks around, looking amused at the banners. Harry said, "Can you come up to the boys' dormitory for a minute? I need to talk to you about the egg, dad." Snape said, "Of course." They head up to the boys' dormitory to talk in private. Harry shuts the door and sits on his bed. Snape sits next to him. Harry said, showing his golden egg, "Apparently this egg holds a clue for the next task. I opened it and all I heard was a screeching, wailing sound. I shut it cause it was so loud. I don't have a clue what that noise is." Snape said, his eyes glittering, "Perhaps you need to put it under water to hear it better, Harry." Harry had a feeling Snape knew what it was, but he also knew that Snape wanted him to figure it out on his own. He realized that Snape gave him a hint on solving the clue in his egg. Harry said, "Ok.... Then, I'll have to find a place to go where I can dunk this in the water to listen to it." Snape smiles slightly, "I know just the place. The Prefects' bathroom. The bathroom has a bathtub that's the size of muggle swimming pool." Harry smiles, "Wicked! I can use the Prefects' bathroom." Snape said, "Indeed, Harry. The password is 'Pine Fresh'. It's best to it at night. You won't get interrupted by anyone that way. Use your cloak and the map that I returned to you over the summer." Harry said, "I will sad, thanks." Snape said, "You're welcome, Harry." Harry said, as he puts his egg on the nightstand next to his bed, "Let's get back to the party." Snape nods in agreement. They stand up and head back downstairs to the common room to enjoy the rest of the party. It was nearly 1am before McGonagall made them all go to bed. Snape and Harry hug as they say good night to each other. Snape leaves for the dungeons as Harry heads up to his dormitory and gets ready for bed. He sets his model of the Hungarian Horntail on his nightstand with his glasses and wand and goes to sleep.