𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

STEFAN WAS PANICKING AS HE LOOKED AROUND THE ROOM

STEFAN WAS PANICKING AS HE LOOKED AROUND THE ROOM. If he could just get the man to put down his gun, he could get Charlie out, and he knew the girl would find a way to save Jeremy before the bombs went off. "Connor, we can end this right now! Just put down the gun and come with me!"

"Sure. Come out, I'll hand the gun over," Connor told him, and Stefan rolled his eyes at the obvious sarcasm.

The Salvatore boy continued shouting. He glanced to the side. Right next to the counter that he was hiding behind was the Lockwood girl. If he could just manage to untie her hands, she would hopefully be able to get out of her situation by herself. "Think about this. No one has to die. I'll tell you everything you need to know!"

"I don't make deals with vampires!" the hunter insisted, shaking his head.

Stefan sighed, and he looked over to Charlie as she tried desperately to pull her hands out of her restraints. "Listen to me, if you die right now, then your whole life, all that killing; it'll all be for nothing. I can give you the truth. Just put down the gun and let Jeremy go!" Elena opened the front door suddenly and entered the restaurant. Connor held the gun steady towards where Stefan was hiding, but he turned his head to look at the girl.

"Please! Don't hurt him," the girl pleaded, and Connor moved his gun from where Stefan was to Charlie to her and all the way until it finally landed on Jeremy. Everyone in the room other than him had a panicked look on their face. Charlie and Elena might actually kill themselves if Jeremy died, and Stefan knew this. So, there was no way any of them were letting him die.

The hunter threatened, "You come any closer, he's dead."

"Elena...." Charlie trailed off when the girl took another step forward. Had she not heard what Connor had said, or did she just not understand? Either way, she was about to get Jeremy killed.

The Gilbert girl was desperate, and Connor looked like he was actually about to punch her in the face. "He's the only family that I have left. Just – just let him go."

"You hear that?" Connor called to the Salvatore man, but his back was still facing the bar. Charlie jumped slightly when she felt hands behind her. She fought the urge to scream as Stefan pulled the ropes off her arms. "Your girl is watching. I will shoot the boy right in front of her! On the count of three! One! Two!"