CHAPTER 5

"dude, i swear— he was trying to make a move on your brother."

jay passed the ball to jisung before he took a short break. he was getting pissed by the information that jake just told him.

"i saw him hanging around the other building these past weeks. he looks like he doesn't even attend his classes." jake snorts.

"who the hell is jangjun anyway?" kei chimed in while tying his shoelaces on the bleachers.

"smug face, annoyingly loud voice. you know, the one who almost got kicked out of the football team."

they turned around to see sunghoon walking across the gym with a bag on his shoulder. he put his things on the bleachers before talking again. "you should make sure sunoo doesn't fall for his tricks."

jay sighed. he should've seen this coming. his brother is a magnet for people like jangjun. he doesn't even need to confirm his teammates' statements to know whether it's all true or not.

of course it is.

he grunts while he wipes the sweat off his face. "i'll handle it. i'm going to make sure he doesn't try any bullshit with my brother."

"it looks like he's friends with sunoo now, he's even bribing sunoo's friends so that they would like him." sunghoon muttered, "picturing his face makes me want to punch him more."

wait, how does he know about that? jay paused for a bit, listening.

jake raised an eyebrow. "ayo chill, it sounds more like sunoo's your brother." he laughed.

"i'm just concerned, what's wrong with that?"

sunghoon replied shortly before heading towards the shower room, while jay observed him quietly.

----------

[ jay hyung 💬 ]

jay hyung 💬:
sunoo, let's go home together

sunoo:
but i thought you have practice?

jay hyung 💬:
yeah
just one practice game tho so it'll end quickly

sunoo:
but hyung
i don't want to wait for two hours 😶

jay hyung 💬:
wdym two hours
our game doesn't take that long
i swear

sunoo:
i wanted to go home early tho, i wanna sleep 😕

jay hyung 💬:
you can sleep in the locker room
or the bleachers
i'll just wake you up when i'm done

sunoo:
really
you want your brother to sleep outside like he's homeless?
what is wrong with you

jay hyung 💬:
i'm sorryyy
can't you just wait for your hyung to finish his game? 🥺

sunoo:
eww
why are you using that emoji
are you fine hyung?
something's up with you

jay hyung 💬:
i'm fine
just don't go home alone and wait for me

sunoo:
but i'll be bored

jay hyung 💬:
i'll let you play with my ps5

sunoo:
👀
but you rarely let me touch that

jay hyung 💬:
yeah
so wait for me mkay?
then we can buy your fave donuts